Hacking FInal Fantasy III freezes

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!
So.. basically my FF III dump stopped working since akaio 1.7 was released, i installed 1.8.5(a) yesterday and it stayed the same.
I haven't tried another dump nor i tried with another sd card, i was just hoping some of you guys had the rom at hand and could give it a try to see if it's just me and i should properly try to fix it or make a bug report on the akaio boards.
The game boots, it shows some logos and then crashes with a dark screen and a fade sound looping (probably some video tried to run), AP bypass does nothing.

My info:
DS lite with acekard 2i HW: 81 and akaio 1.8.5(a)
FF III (E) fireX, game code: AFFP

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
nikkopt said:
Hey guys!
So.. basically my FF III dump stopped working since akaio 1.7 was released, i installed 1.8.5(a) yesterday and it stayed the same.
I haven't tried another dump nor i tried with another sd card, i was just hoping some of you guys had the rom at hand and could give it a try to see if it's just me and i should properly try to fix it or make a bug report on the akaio boards.
The game boots, it shows some logos and then crashes with a dark screen and a fade sound looping (probably some video tried to run), AP bypass does nothing.

My info:

I can confirm it. I use akaio 1.8.5a and same black screen after the logo. But I think it doesn't freeze, just doesn't load, because softreset working when you on the black screen.
I'm using clean (E) rom.

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, ur right.. it seems it freezed because of the looping sound.
I quickly reverted to 1.6 RC2 just to test and it works with that version like always did..
I'm using a taiwan 4GB kingston SDHC.. i have a faster sandisk card but i can only test with it tomorrow.
Hoping some more people can also try it out

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Depravo said:
Working fine for me. AKAIO 1.8.5 with default settings, 17/1/11 loaders and (E) ROM.

Updated to the 17/1/11 loader.
Default settings, 17/1/11 loader, clean (E) rom with akaio 1.8.5a and I still have the above mentioned black screen problem.

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gaboros said:
Depravo said:
Working fine for me. AKAIO 1.8.5 with default settings, 17/1/11 loaders and (E) ROM.

Updated to the 17/1/11 loader.
Default settings, 17/1/11 loader, clean (E) rom with akaio 1.8.5a and I still have the above mentioned black screen problem.

He's not using the (a) version of 1.8.5.. It's probably a SD card problem. What cards do you guys use?

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Son of Science said:
Are you updated to the newest version of the game? The newest version is actually called Final Fantasy 4.
i have both and afaik they are completely different games... but yes FF IV does run

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... So did anyone bother trying to format the microSD and try it again? Should've been one of the first things to try.

Evo.lve said:
It's probably an mSD issue.

I'd recommend buying new cards, Transcend and A-Data Class 6 cards are known good brands.
Except it was working on a previous version of AKAIO, so it clearly isn't a microSD issue.

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
It's probably an mSD issue.

I'd recommend buying new cards, Transcend and A-Data Class 6 cards are known good brands.
If it's a mSD issue then it was created by AKAIO and not the card itself since it runs well with 1.6RC2 and with the official Acekard firmware.. right?
I just wanted to know if it was it just me or other people were having this problem with this game, i'm not going to buy a new card just because of this. When i bought mine i was under the impression that it would be compatible with all devices supporting SDHC, i know that there is the speed issue but if it runs on 1.6RC2 and can also run lot's of games that are problematic with slower sd cards i won't put the guilt on the card but on the software
tongue.gif

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
... So did anyone bother trying to format the microSD and try it again? Should've been one of the first things to try.
Sorry, i haven't mentioned it because i thought it was an obvious thing to do first, i always format when i change/update akaio
Already tried GParted and Panasonic format tool

ranigma

Trophies
XP
Country
nikkopt said:
Hey guys!

My info:
Quickly pressing the button a solved the problem for me.Same with the stylus.(i got the clue from your post where you said "probably some video tried to run",by pressing the button quick enough,i think i skipped the video part.)

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikkopt said:
Son of Science said:
Are you updated to the newest version of the game? The newest version is actually called Final Fantasy 4.
i have both and afaik they are completely different games... but yes FF IV does run
No, Final Fantasy 4 was just an updated version of Final Fantasy 3. They made it because it FF 3 didn't work on many flash carts, and Square Enix wanted it to be universal.

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ranigma said:
nikkopt said:
Hey guys!

My info:
Quickly pressing the button a solved the problem for me.Same with the stylus.(i got the clue from your post where you said "probably some video tried to run",by pressing the button quick enough,i think i skipped the video part.)

Hehe, you are totally right, it does skip the video and launches the main menu
evil.gif

Tks man

Son of Science said:
nikkopt said:
QUOTE(Son of Science @ Jan 18 2011, 01:58 AM)
No, Final Fantasy 4 was just an updated version of Final Fantasy 3. They made it because it FF 3 didn't work on many flash carts, and Square Enix wanted it to be universal.
and mods let you post things like these because?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k