Gaming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates DS

Epsonstylus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rsxbwa said:
Not sure about other R4 owners, but I've tried the ffccrof-deMoD-test2.ips patch... still getting 2 white screens.

I've tried raydar's cheat, still getting 2 white screens. Any other r4 owners having the same problem?

using r4 1.16

Don't worry, I had the same thing. It went away when I upgraded to 1.16. I would try re-upgrading to 1.16 like I did. Then I was able to play for the dreaded 20 minutes.

shockingalberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NemesisHunter said:
shockingalberto said:
Patched the rom, got the latest R4 firmware, and got the game to play.

...sort of.

I keep getting random freezings. This happened with Revenant Wings, as well. Any clue what's happening?

Avoid running the patched ROM simultaneously with CHEATS enabled : this may cause errors for some people.

Otherwise try running an unpatched ROM with one cheat enabled at a time : post your feedback here.

I, for one, have played Revenant Wings all the way to chapter 12, no freezes. This may be because I don't cheat to begin with : I game legitimately. The only cheats I use are bug-troubleshooting cheats like the ones needed for FF CC for the sake of progressing through the story.

Warning : Cheats are known to alter game data and may cause unstable gameplay and random freezes. it is normal for games to freeze because of multiple cheats enabled simultaneously.

A single cheat code may trigger freezes and lockdowns if it is poorly designed. Usually, that is not the case.
As far as I know, I'm not running cheats...how do I get to a cheat menu to make sure?

This is sort of frustrating.

BigfootGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Has any DSTT users got this to work? I've tried all 3 codes but they still have the "Thank you for playing!" message after 20 mins... help?

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shockingalberto said:
As far as I know, I'm not running cheats...how do I get to a cheat menu to make sure?

This is sort of frustrating.

Firstly, make sure you are running the latest R4 firmware revision, which is at 1.16. Secondly, make sure you have no cheats enabled. You can do this by scrolling to the game through the R4 interface, and as you highlight the game, a CHEAT(Y) icon would appear at the bottom of your screen (that is, if you have a CHEAT file under your _system folder in your microSD card and you have the latest CHEAT file by Rayder).

By pressing "Y" on the DS, you'll open the CHEAT menu. Any square which is filled-in is a cheat code that has been enabled for that game. You can disable the cheat by touching the square with your stylus and unchecking it. By default, Rayder's CHEAT file enables the latest fix cheat for FF CC. Make sure all cheats remain unchecked.

shockingalberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NemesisHunter said:
Firstly, make sure you are running the latest R4 firmware revision, which is at 1.16.
Positive, did that just today.

QUOTESecondly, make sure you have no cheats enabled. You can do this by scrolling to the game through the R4 interface, and as you highlight the game, a CHEAT(Y) icon would appear at the bottom of your screen (that is, if you have a CHEAT file under your _system folder in your microSD card and you have the latest CHEAT file by Rayder).

By pressing "Y" on the DS, you'll open the CHEAT menu. Any square which is filled-in is a cheat code that has been enabled for that game. You can disable the cheat by touching the square with your stylus and unchecking it. By default, Rayder's CHEAT file enables the latest fix cheat for FF CC. Make sure all cheats remain unchecked.
Hm, I have no such CHEAT file. Should I get it and check?

Edit: Put in Rayder's cheat, went to the cheat menu, and disabled every checked box. Still froze.

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that this patch (The link to a rar with ffccrof-deMoD-test2.ips and IPSWin.exe) works for the G6 (3 of us have been playing 6 hours both multiplayer and single)

shockingalberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to always freeze in the beginning of the first dungeon. The moogle teaches you how to use a key, then you go up the next screen and it will freeze.

Ugh, this is frustrating.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shockingalberto said:
It seems to always freeze in the beginning of the first dungeon. The moogle teaches you how to use a key, then you go up the next screen and it will freeze.

there are updated codes available on the forum without the freeze problem just search them. Although if you just read a few pages back you might find them

shockingalberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_z said:
shockingalberto said:

there are updated codes available on the forum without the freeze problem just search them. Although if you just read a few pages back you might find them
Codes?

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheat Codes specifically Action Replay get rid of the freeze and the "thanks you for playing screen" (called MoD on this board)

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, don't run the patched ROM (the one with the pre-built fix) with cheats that are supposed to counter the "Thanks For Playing" bug. You may cause a cancelation of the effect, and even more problems.

There are 3 methods to treat this issue :
1) a clean ROM (unpatched, make sure it is a clean dump) with one cheat code running at any one time (don't use more than one simultaneously, it'll bug out and cause problems which may include freezing).
2) Apply the patch posted earlier into a clean unpatched dump. Do not bother using this patched ROM with cheats, as the patch itself fixes the bug.
3) Buy the game if you love it that much
biggrin.gif

Attention : Do not use both a patched ROM with cheats enabled : this will cause problems. One method or the other will work, although I have only tested using the CHEAT method, not the Patch method, and can confirm it to work on my M3Simply v.1.12 (equivalent to R4DS 1.16).

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The multiplayer is pure win! I think it can't be over the internets because the other ppl are mean, and that Internets is not fast enough to transfer the locations of players.
Multiplayer is like a mmorpg sorta thing, but a bit different. You guys should try it when u can.

jscheibe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So far i've been running the same copy of the game i was getting the thanks for playing screen on with the patch and am up to 1.5 hours into the game without the screen or any freezing. Playing on an R4 firmware version 1.16. Will let you know if i run into any problems but so far it's an amazing game.

EDIT: Up to over 4 hours without any issues, am i ever excited
smile.gif

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I played through it for the first time using M3Simply firmware revision 1.12, along with a clean DUMP of FF CC (trimmed using NDSTokyoTrim) which has the third cheat code option of Rayder's CHEAT file revision 03-15-08rv2 enabled (no other cheats have been enabled).

Completed the entire first dungeon of the game, and saved outside : no freezes, no lockdowns, no MODs. Will keep you updated.

Myk111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i followed the discussion pretty long. have the m3 simply. since i used the cheat codes, everything worked very good. No Moogles anymore
smile.gif
thx whoever made these cheats. U are a genious.

i repeat the cheat codes work with m3 and r4, i tested both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?