final fantasy 7 question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by aarjab, Jun 6, 2010.

Jun 6, 2010

final fantasy 7 question by aarjab at 6:45 PM (1,226 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. aarjab
    OP

Newcomer aarjab Member

United States
    I already have all the final fantasy 7 disks on my gen D3.They work fine but I don't understand how they will work. I'm in disk 1 right now and after I finish disk 1, I'm suppose to go to disk 2. Will disk 2 read my saved file from disk 1 and carry out the game? Or is it just not possible to play the whole ff7 game on a psp. I tried going to disk 2 when I was still in disk 1 and it said "please insert disk 1". How am I suppose to do that? By the way, I'm still not finished with disk 1.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You can either have a muti-boot (it's easier but takes up more space) or single boots.
    The single boots MUST have the same Game ID and Save ID for your save to work on the other discs.

3. Bake

Member Bake GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    I'm no expert on PSP but, it'll ask you to save your game when you finish disc 1. Then it'll tell you to pop in disc 2, so just run it. No biggie.

4. sudeki300

Member sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    did you convert the game yourself or get it from somewhere else. cos if you converted the game yourself you would have used a program like psx2psp, this would have given you infomation like the game id "slusxxx" if this is the case you need to change the id from the first disc to the second disc when converting. this will allow the save file top be used on all discs. i myself have played and finished final fantasy 7 on the psp. i also think with the later versions of psx2psp you can make the 4 discs into one large eboot file but don't quote me on that as i have not had a psp for a while now........................sudeki300

5. aarjab
    OP

Newcomer aarjab Member

United States
    I downloaded all the files from --- and then converted it with popstation GUI

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    better remove the name of the site where you got it.
    naming, or linking to romsites is not allowed here.

7. aarjab
    OP

Newcomer aarjab Member

United States
    Oh thank you.

8. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    So long as they all have the same ID that should be fine. If you used something like psx2psp it should have auto detected and done that for you.

9. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    If you used the Popstaion GUI then there should have been an option for a Multi Disc game, if you choose that then it would have turned all 4 (or how ever many) discs into a single EBOOT.PBP file.

10. aarjab
    OP

Newcomer aarjab Member

United States
    Oh thanks. I'm not far into the game. I'll just convert them into one file. Thanks again.

11. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Don't bother...it's a waste of space if you have 3 single disc eboots. Any game like FF where there's a save at the end of each disc is fine to be used that way. Just finish disc 1 and then save. Then start the disc 2 eboot and load your save.

12. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    Yeah multi disc eboots can be convenient but they take up a crapload of space. instead of using about 500MB with each FF7 disc and switching out as you need to, you end up eating a full 1.5GB of your memory card. I never use multi disc eboots if I can avoid it.