OP
Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
keyVisual.png

Allow me to thank you all for your continued interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV.

One year has passed since the game’s release, and despite the disappointment surrounding its launch, we have received a wealth of support from you, the players. Your encouraging words and continued loyalty have been a source of immeasurable inspiration to everyone involved with FINAL FANTASY XIV’s development.

In the ten months since the FINAL FANTASY XIV team’s restructuring, we have put forth the utmost effort into not only improving the game’s existing features, but also creating a concrete plan to outline the game’s new direction. Today, I am pleased to announce we can confidently present that plan to our customers. We fully realize this is but a single step towards our ultimate goal, and that to meet the high standards set in the plan, more time is required. In the meantime, however, we will not waver in our commitment to bringing players exciting and engaging content, even as the game moves through its evolution.

With this, it is my hope that we will continue to receive your support as we will need to bring the unbilled period to a close between late November and early December 2011, and introduce our subscription-based billing system. I appreciate that this decision will not be popular, but it is a necessary step in building upon the foundation our fans and development team have made together and to realize the full potential of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

The team will stop short of nothing as they move towards realizing the new FINAL FANTASY XIV, and as they do so, I humbly ask for both your understanding and support.

President and CEO, Yoichi Wada

Source

I don't know if users here have played Final Fantasy XIV all that much, but I did. It was a confusing and exciting mix of failure and the final fantasy series. I don't know where they went wrong first, but I was very disappointed in the way the game played and how they strayed so far from their Final Fantasy XI roots. Well now Square Enix is trying to reboot the game under the name Version 2.0. Lets hope the game isn't a complete faliure. I know that they are canceling the free year trial and starting a billing period for PC users. They are also releasing a PS3 version, and this version will have a free trial (I don't know how long) Good luck Final Fantasy fans.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I couldn't run it. No PS3 anymore either so I'll be missing this one out.
They shoulda done a 360 version too. To this day FF11 is all my cousin plays on 360 and has been since it came out.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still play FFXIV, it's so much better than it was when it was released. Granted, I can't say it's a good game, but I'm definitely enjoying the hell out of it. I'm incredibly stoked for 2.0 if it delivers what it promises.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recognize how bad FF14 is/was, but the revamp looks great.

I played FF11 since the day it came out, all platforms, even met my wife on there.
Our linkshell went to FF14 and some love it, some hate it.

I think it'll be fun once the revamp comes.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its not simply a case of updating the game. From release, the game has garnered almost 100% bad press and I think thats the issue that Square-Enix are going to have to work against. Its sure going to be an uphill battle for Final Fantasy XIV, but I certainly hope that it does manage to be judged well on its merits.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it seems they're bringing new ideas is now putting them off course. i doubt ppl will be very unhappy about this decision. lets see what 2.0 brings but they seem confident too. i just hope there is just some way to play it free on the pc (like rs maybe)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the fact that they tried to make up for the game's complete and utter failure, but I think it is far too little, far too late. The damage has already been done; even if the game can be salvaged, the stigma of it's disastrous launch is going to haunt it for however long it lasts.

Honestly, they'd probably be better just pulling the plug on the project and saving themselves the time and money. Put that towards some other, hopefully better games instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple