Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
exangel said:
Waking Life
A Scanner Darkly

Waking Life is a great nihilistic movie and I would recommended it as well. Also any film that had Phillip K Dick's ideas in it usually will deal with freewill, correct me if I'm wrong but both Minority Report and Scanner Deeply were both based on short stories he had written.

I don't know about Minority Report but Scanner Darkly is based on a Philip K Dick story according to the guy who sold me my nook e-Reader.
I knew it was based on a book before I watched it but wasn't familiar with the author until September when I got my nook.

I think, of the films I've seen that are listed in this thread so far, the *easiest* to actually write a report about the 'free will' topic would be Stranger Than Fiction, A Clockwork Orange, A Scanner Darkly, or Waking Life.

Once you start getting into films like Donnie Darko/S. Darko and Primer, though they will be very entertaining to watch, I wouldn't be able to explain those films well enough to outline the plots and pose question/answers regarding free will, just because time travel and causality are really a bonus can of worms. I wouldn't say that others aren't up to the task, but if I had to write a coherent report about Primer which is actually a rather short film, I'd wind up hating the film for being so complicated (I've seen it three times and read the script... and somehow, I still love it).

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holy moly moley, I've just remembered a film about free will! Life Of Brian!

There's also Logan's Run. Your teacher might appreciate that one
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?