matt1freek

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i was running ndslist and rominator today when all of a sudden it couldnt find the files. and within seconds this happened..

I have a Western Digital external hard drive all of my files have been renamed. Most of these files have now mysteriously turned into WDW files. There are 128 files with the following name: "WDWDWDWD." The files are all .WDW, 1.06GB, and the "Date modified" is in the year 2014.

Is there any way to resolve this and get my files back?
If it helps I ran the latest symantec and found no viruses.

lost my ds, psp, gb, and nes
frown.gif

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, sounds like some sort of crazy virus...

It seems like the files themselves have been completely modified. Is there any way of using system restore maybe?

Or maybe a backup?

Good luck!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i've heard that western digital external hard drives are a piece of crap to say it lightly, after a while the data messes up and you loose everything, and you will have to pay western digital to recover the data, i was going to get one myself but instead i'm getting a freecom instead, i already own a freecom external but i'm getting a bigger one instead, i've had my external for years now and it's still going strong, it's far more stable than western digital hard drives.

i'm sorry for your loss btw
frown.gif
i would be devastated if that was my music collection...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i've heard that western digital external hard drives are a piece of crap to say it lightly...

Western Digital make the best external drives.

to matt1freek: disconnect the drive immediately, don't try anything, and get some recovery software. You'll be able to get pretty much everything back if you do that.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
jalaneme said:
i've heard that western digital external hard drives are a piece of crap to say it lightly...

Western Digital make the best external drives.

to matt1freek: disconnect the drive immediately, don't try anything, and get some recovery software. You'll be able to get pretty much everything back if you do that.
I'd like to add that it's probably best to take the drive out of it's external caddy and install it in your PC or in a new caddy. There's a chance that the USB controller in the caddy is playing up and that's what's corrupting the data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...