File Extentions .gp2 and .l

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SecretChao428, Dec 27, 2011.

Dec 27, 2011
  1. SecretChao428
    OP

Newcomer SecretChao428 Member

United States
    I need to know if anyone here has cracked or have herd of these 2 file extensions that appear to be a more advanced form of the Nintendo Dev Kit files(NDS) that are used to use multi compression and probably are Archive formats inside the files?

2. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    I couldnt find anything on the .GP2 file extension so I am unable to help there but hopefully this will help for your .l file extension: http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/l Pretty much its a dev tool extension but read up :)

3. SecretChao428
    OP

Newcomer SecretChao428 Member

United States
    Well from the looks of it, it appears to be some form of Lex Encoding usually used for Source Code and Archival Compression with the gp2 extension which some how adds multiple LZ compression methods on one file, plus has to be an archival file much like ZIP or 7z. but it looks like it more of a generic format used by the Nintendo Dev kit system, apparently a format that would also have another purpose,

Making sure no one can deccompress or configure the files on rom hacking terms, as a build on protection to it, remember, the Ani-Piracy issue still exists in these roms and some how they knew how to make it more diffcult to read the files or edit them.