• Views 4,815
  • Replies 31

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tactics adjustments are so simple in the game.Just hit the D-Pad on the console versions.Doesn't need to be more streamlined.
Touchscreen passing and shooting is worthless and is in the Vita version which is what we were mainly comparing.
The only thing that is actually worth changing is the Build up play adjustments but doing that while playing seems hard.
Touchscreen passing certainly isn't useless although I would think touchscreen shooting would make it too easy.

I played Fifa 12 on the PC and having the ability to adjust tactics while playing on the controller will be better than navigating through a clunky menu.

And since we're comparing it to the Vita version, there is no always-on manager central on the screen.
Touchscreen passing is a pain.
I've used it and you have to go out of your way to touch the screen and the pass is hard to weigh properly.
Touchscreen shooting isn't actually easy btw.

Also the clunky menu is a pain to navigate through but while your playing the game you have to be constantly defending.
Online if you let the CPU control your fullbacks you will get burned everytime.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest flaw in your argument is not only is the wii u screen bigger to work with, the game isn't even out and in your hand to make most
of your judgements you are making towards it.

More from EA.

Mass Effect 3 Wii U details

- Included is a new version of the “Genesis” interactive graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics
- Stylized recap has been extended to include the events of both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2
- Demo features a snippet from Shepard’s battle in a training ground for biotics
- Exclusive weapon: M-597 Ladon
- M-597 Ladon can target up to six enemies simultaneously
- Enemies are marked in red on the HUD
- After targeting, it unleashes a barrage of devastating homing rockets once you pull the right trigger
- Can pause Mass Effect 3 to drag and drop icons from the weapon wheel
- The wheel encompasses all of the abilities you and your two squad mates can activate during battle into a customizable set of eight hotkeys
- Four hotkeys are on each side of the touchscreen
- If you want to have Garrus send out a concussive shot, you just target an enemy and tap the appropriate icon as you play
- Map is included on the GamePad
- Enlarge or shift the map by dragging your fingers across it
- Once again, includes the Extended Cut DLC and multiplayer suite

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't look great visually to me, but if they said it's on par with 360/PS3, I guess that's how Football games should look great.
I'm not fan of football/soccer games, so I never followed the previous games to compare the quality.

But I don't see how powerful the console can be with just these pictures.
I suppose it looks better once animated.

edit:
You are playing, or giving orders and watching the game with players fulfilling your orders?
The pad view show a lot of tactics. It looks more focused on the management than playing. (unless you play 5 players co-op)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look great visually to me, but if they said it's on par with 360/PS3, I guess that's how Football games should look great.
I'm not fan of football/soccer games, so I never followed the previous games to compare the quality.

But I don't see how powerful the console can be with just these pictures.
I suppose it looks better once animated.

edit:
You are playing, or giving orders and watching the game with players fulfilling your orders?
The pad view show a lot of tactics. It looks more focused on the management than playing. (unless you play 5 players co-op)
I think they mean on par when it comes to the game specifically. As in I doubt this game or any other early/launch game will show
how powerful it is. You going have to wait some time down the line.
I posted a video before, here it is again.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest flaw in your argument is not only is the wii u screen bigger to work with, the game isn't even out and in your hand to make most
of your judgements you are making towards it.

More from EA.

Mass Effect 3 Wii U details

- Included is a new version of the “Genesis” interactive graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics
- Stylized recap has been extended to include the events of both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2
- Demo features a snippet from Shepard’s battle in a training ground for biotics
- Exclusive weapon: M-597 Ladon
- M-597 Ladon can target up to six enemies simultaneously
- Enemies are marked in red on the HUD
- After targeting, it unleashes a barrage of devastating homing rockets once you pull the right trigger
- Can pause Mass Effect 3 to drag and drop icons from the weapon wheel
- The wheel encompasses all of the abilities you and your two squad mates can activate during battle into a customizable set of eight hotkeys
- Four hotkeys are on each side of the touchscreen
- If you want to have Garrus send out a concussive shot, you just target an enemy and tap the appropriate icon as you play
- Map is included on the GamePad
- Enlarge or shift the map by dragging your fingers across it
- Once again, includes the Extended Cut DLC and multiplayer suite
Show me where the flaw is in my argument.The features listed are already in the game in one version or another.
Tactic changes aren't even hard and if your playing with the options like build up play while playing you will get burned by opposing players.I think 5 player co-op is dope but on ps3 you can play with up to 7 players locally(I thought it was 8 but apparently its only 7).
My point is this isn't really gonna change the game at all.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Show me where the flaw is in my argument.The features listed are already in the game in one version or another.
Tactic changes aren't even hard and if your playing with the options like build up play while playing you will get burned by opposing players.I think 5 player co-op is dope but on ps3 you can play with up to 7 players locally(I thought it was 8 but apparently its only 7).
Fifa is a multiplatform game. Of course the vast majority of the features available will be on the other platforms too. But there is a large difference in how they're utilized.

Adjusting tactics, making substitutions and tweaking your formation without interrupting play is much welcomed. Instead of having to pause the game navigating through clunky menus, I can simply tap the controller.

For two-player multiplayer, you have secrecy when adjusting things. Change formations without letting your opponent see.

Personally, I think tapping to pass is better than simply passing to any random near you. It'll help you precisely choose where to pass the ball.

PS3 7-player is different from the Wii U 5-player co-op where you can play as a manager.

You can't exactly deny that these features simply make the game more streamlined and overall better. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: 1 person

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fifa is a multiplatform game. Of course the vast majority of the features available will be on the other platforms too. But there is a large difference in how they're utilized.

Adjusting tactics, making substitutions and tweaking your formation without interrupting play is much welcomed. Instead of having to pause the game navigating through clunky menus, I can simply tap the controller.

For two-player multiplayer, you have secrecy when adjusting things. Change formations without letting your opponent see.

Personally, I think tapping to pass is better than simply passing to any random near you. It'll help you precisely choose where to pass the ball.

PS3 7-player is different from the Wii U 5-player co-op where you can play as a manager.

You can't exactly deny that these features simply make the game more streamlined and overall better. Nothing wrong with that.
More streamlined yes.Better sure but not a lot.
Your still going to get burned by opposing offenses while subbing and adjusting tactics.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Your still going to get burned by opposing offenses while subbing and adjusting tactics.
Obviously not in the middle of a play but rather when someone takes a goal kick or something. :P

But it should be quicker to adjust with the touchscreen, anyways.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not in the middle of a play but rather when someone takes a goal kick or something. :P

But it should be quicker to adjust with the touchscreen, anyways.
Well atleast it won't be a shitty version like all EA games on the Wii.
A real FIFA is a good thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious