Hacking Fieldrunners Downgrade method. Question?

Priyam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
In the dsi ware downgrade method, the first step after system transfer from a9hl 3ds to un-hax 3ds we back up the nand in the un-hax 3ds, so, does it imply that if we messed up during the a9hl process, we don't have to worry and can just simply re flash like the people doing the hardmod ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In the dsi ware downgrade method, the first step after system transfer from a9hl 3ds to un-hax 3ds we back up the nand in the un-hax 3ds, so, does it imply that if we messed up during the a9hl process, we don't have to worry and can just simply re flash like the people doing the hardmod ?
Yep, if you have the game with the exploit save you can read and write your NAND.

Priyam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well, you'll have to be able to get into the home menu. So if you brick it's no good. But if you can update by recovery mode you can still downgrade again.
I see, I thought I don't have to worry a thing like the hardmod users.
Anyway thanks, it's appreciated.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Since a thread was made for this, might as well ask my queries:

1. After system transfer, can't we just connect a different NNID on the first 3ds? Why does the guide state that NNID will be unfunctional if it will not be transfered back after a week?

2. Continuing my first question, isn't it easier if we just do a factory reset on the second 3ds after a week then reconnect the NNID to the first 3ds?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
2. Continuing my first question, isn't it easier if we just do a factory reset on the second 3ds after a week then reconnect the NNID to the first 3ds?
Doing a factory reset allows a new NNID to be created on the second 3DS, but the original NNID is still linked to it according to Nintendo's servers and cannot be used in any other console. If you want to move NNIDs you must do an official system transfer, or call Nintendo and ask them to unlink/relink on their servers.

For the first question, you can if you don't mind losing all your games, activity log, Mii Plaza progress, and saves (to create a new NNID you'd have to do a system format since your system will think it still has the original NNID even though the eShop etc disagrees) you can backup your save games and reinject them afterwards though.

Reactions: annson24

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Doing a factory reset allows a new NNID to be created on the second 3DS, but the original NNID is still linked to it according to Nintendo's servers and cannot be used in any other console.

Thanks for the quick response. A followup question, I know an nnid can only be linked to a single 3ds but can a single 3ds be linked to many nnid's? Thanks again in advance.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for the quick response. A followup question, I know an nnid can only be linked to a single 3ds but can a single 3ds be linked to many nnid's? Thanks again in advance.

Bumping this one up. I'll be downgrading quite a few 3DSes on the following days and I would like to know if I could use a single O3DS as the source system, of course I'll be using different NNIDs on different downgrades and will be purchasing the game on each downgrade too.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Yes. You can format and then create a new NNID. If you want to sign into an old NNID format and sign into the previous one.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Bumping this one up. I'll be downgrading quite a few 3DSes on the following days and I would like to know if I could use a single O3DS as the source system, of course I'll be using different NNIDs on different downgrades and will be purchasing the game on each downgrade too.
How? Nintendo doesn't allow you to system transfer more than once per week for each 3ds.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I made i thread about this with some question like that.

Another question i have. Its both 3ds are stuck with 7 days to bew transfer?
I meaning the source and the target 3ds cant do transfer before 7 days?

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Correct, both have a 7 day wait.
So sad.
This limitation should be apply only to the target system.

The source system has nothing inside anymore so in theory its become brand new system.

This good time to find a way to bypass this into source console. But i think its a hard thing to do.

Well 11.0 its new the reality for out of box consoles i hope a better downgrade come up

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sad.
This limitation should be apply only to the target system.

The source system has nothing inside anymore so in theory its become brand new system.

This good time to find a way to bypass this into source console. But i think its a hard thing to do.

Well 11.0 its new the reality for out of box consoles i hope a better downgrade come up
Its tied to Nintendo servers, im sure the next update will patch this method anyhow.

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu