• Replies 625
Status
Not open for further replies.

01torres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes there will be, but first gameplay before storyline. So when we get to verison 1.0.0 we will start on the storyline or so the version note say on the wiki.

Hidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, I've played far enough. Already level 50 team. And no glitches, crashes! Thanks again!

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
will there ever be a script translation?

When they release it in the US.
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
Great, I've played far enough. Already level 50 team. And no glitches, crashes! Thanks again!
wow you've played a lot more than myself... I have to say my wife still hasn't finished phoenix wright 3, and with romhacking and super mario galaxy to play... It's a shame I haven't played too much.

About the story... I'm surprised I don't have found the story pack where texts are stored yet.... I might have to make a raw check (previously I was using filenames stored in the game binary)

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, honestly... I dont think its worthy your time to translate the script...
It will be a hell LOT of work, and US release will come anytime. I think the job you did up to know, translating the gameplay stuff is awesome because it allows people's to understand the game mechanics and play it, regardless of story, but then, translating the entire script when an USA version is confirmed is a bit pointless IMO.
The gameplay of FFTA serie is like 90% of the game meat and content, the story is just a spice up, not worthy so much work i think.

monopoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to congratulate you on the fastest fan made translation I have ever seen.

All those involved on this project are extremely hard working.

I hope for a full necessary text translation soon.

I agree that Script would be extremely hard but with how fast you guys work you could probably beat Square by 3+ months.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully with this translation in the works, Square will hurry up with the US versoin.

I'd like to do some story translation. It's a lot easier to translate game dialogue than little bits of text that we have no context for.

But yeah, there aren't many translators on the team who can actually understand Japanese well. Plus most of us are just doing this for the fun/ experience of rom hacking and translation.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full translation unless we get a couple more Japanese/ English speakers. Would be fun to try though.

D

Deleted User

OP
to help us you can spam Martin Korth to send me the no$gba debugger I've paid for !
smile.gif

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Story script is more or less last on the todo list.
1. Game mechanics + menues
2. jobs, abilities, items etc
3. descriptions of different stuff.
4. quest text
5. story

thats more or less the order of things...

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think Story should come before Quest text on this list, just because we are talking about 25 or so story missions versus almost 400 quests.
The difference in the ammount of work is incredibly huge.

D

Deleted User

OP
I think Story should come before Quest text on this list, just because we are talking about 25 or so story missions versus almost 400 quests.
The difference in the ammount of work is incredibly huge.
by story we mean everything in dialogs, by quest text the text displayed in the mission description.

Bao-Bao

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But yeah, there aren't many translators on the team who can actually understand Japanese well. Plus most of us are just doing this for the fun/ experience of rom hacking and translation.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full translation unless we get a couple more Japanese/ English speakers. Would be fun to try though.

Hi hi
biggrin.gif
I was wondering if I could offer my help to the project? I'm bilingual in Japanese (certified native level), and I've been wanting to help out the ROM translation community for awhile.

Are you guys still looking for translators?

~Bao-Bao

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
@Baobao:

Wow! Thanks for offering!
You're going to be a HUGE help!

Maybe we can start getting into some of those mission descriptions now?

I just started a second job, so I haven't been able to do much work on the project lately. Should be able to help out soon.

TripDyke

Trophies
Website
bichan.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'd love to help translate. My Japanese is slightly rusty, but that's nothing a couple of Japanese-English dictionaries can't fix! I've had a look on the wiki, but I have no idea of what to do in regards to the tables and what I can and can't change. PM me if you want my help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo