Status
Not open for further replies.

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me. I have a slight question regarding the most recent update. Well, 2 questions actually.

1. Does it run in an r4, has anyone tested it?

2. I unpacked the patch, and then Dragged a working FFTA2 game over it and it went through the process, but the resulting file was 1.29mb. Is that what is supposed to happen? (I assume not, but it seems best to check.)

Other than those questions, I thank you guys for translating with such speed.
bow.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just started a new game, and found out these glitches:
Input name menu: text is garbled in name box until i deleted last letter, then it appeared normal, all empty.
Input name menu: it says to choose a 'nale' instead of 'name' (might be some other typo in name, i forget).

yeah we know those 2 issues.
There's even 3 if you count the Clan naming with random letter (in fact the end of a name, and the beginning of the next name in table). After expanding the rom, the names are not located at the same place. It will be corrected later (maybe).

Nale is a typing error for this release only, we are aware of this.
We tried to do things quickly for this release to be available, but finally it seems we don't have a lot of people waiting for it. only a few comments. Maybe they are playing
tongue.gif

Anyway, thank you for people reporting bugs and errors
smile.gif

edit :

Excuse me. I have a slight question regarding the most recent update. Well, 2 questions actually.

2. I unpacked the patch, and then Dragged a working FFTA2 game over it and it went through the process, but the resulting file was 1.29mb. Is that what is supposed to happen? (I assume not, but it seems best to check.)

Other than those questions, I thank you guys for translating with such speed.Â
bow.gif

1. Yes it works on R4 (Im playing on M3DS).

2. this is not normal. Someone from the team even got a 70MB file after patching the ppf.

What process are you doing, wich file is 1Mb ? the one with the "e" ?
You dragged/dropped the .nds file ?
is the MSdos window openned with many numbers, how long it last ?

did you follow the Readme.txt ?

Please can you explain with more details ? thank you.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, the game is in playable from!!! (well for me).
very impressive indeed.

story doesnt interest me at all (in compare to FFT).
so if you guys arent gonna translate it, its ok.
actually to tell u the truth i couldnt ask for more
the translation is enough for me to enjoy the game.

mina-san arigatou gozaimasu!!

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started a new game, and found out these glitches:
Input name menu: text is garbled in name box until i deleted last letter, then it appeared normal, all empty.
Input name menu: it says to choose a 'nale' instead of 'name' (might be some other typo in name, i forget).

yeah we know those 2 issues.
There's even 3 if you count the Clan naming with random letter (in fact the end of a name, and the beginning of the next name in table). After expanding the rom, the names are not located at the same place. It will be corrected later (maybe).

Nale is a typing error for this release only, we are aware of this.
We tried to do things quickly for this release to be available, but finally it seems we don't have a lot of people waiting for it. only a few comments. Maybe they are playing
tongue.gif

Anyway, thank you for people reporting bugs and errors
smile.gif

edit :

Other than those questions, I thank you guys for translating with such speed. 
bow.gif

1. Yes it works on R4 (Im playing on M3DS).

2. this is not normal. Someone from the team even got a 70MB file after patching the ppf.

What process are you doing, wich file is 1Mb ? the one with the "e" ?
You dragged/dropped the .nds file ?
is the MSdos window openned with many numbers, how long it last ?

did you follow the Readme.txt ?

Please can you explain with more details ? thank you.

Yes, the 1mb file was the one with the "e".

I got a file of about 78mb after patching that file with the ppf. (Not realizing at that time that the "e" file was only 1mb, and the 78mb didn't work)

I unpacked the patch .zip and then put the FFTA2 file in there too, then I dragged the Tactics file over the enlarge and it opened the MSdos window. After that, it went up to approximately 1000 lines of stuff, and then it saved the file. I think that's what the readme file meant, I could be wrong though.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, Zombielove got the exact same problem.

1M file, and after patchin it get bigger to 78M.

it's supposed to created a 110M file without the ppf, and still 110M with the ppf.
(it's smaller than the original because it trim the rom after expanding it).

It seems this is due to an error "out of memory".
We will check this with Deufeufeu.
Maybe it's not the good rom, I don't know if there is another release group.

You rom is from 6rz ?

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of text was hard to translate without context. Most of us aren't playing the game while we're translating, so if you come across any obvious typos or mistakes while playing, feel free to change them on the wiki.

If it's something you're not sure about or want to discuss just leave a message or drop in on irc.

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dammmnn... you guys are insane o.O

its crazy seeing the text in english and with the customized font... awesome

huge step from the v1.0 o.O

great job! ...
yaynds.gif
i shall play!

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed it. It was something wonky with my computer, (and apparently Zombielove's) because when I switched to my laptop it patched fine.

P.S. Plays great, thank you and your team for the wonderful work.
yaynds.gif

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed it. It was something wonky with my computer, (and apparently Zombielove's) because when I switched to my laptop it patched fine.

P.S. Plays great, thank you and your team for the wonderful work.Â
yaynds.gif

I tried on another computer, but I had some other external problem so I gave up.
shy.gif

Got a working copy now though.

If anyone else has the same problem, the best option for now is just to try a different computer if you can.

RedIce

Trophies
Website
zer0z.deviantart.com
XP
Country
They stated that name inputs had glitches in the Readme. >_>

In the readme that was in the zip, i don't think i saw that, and in the wiki i didn't see it mention either, thats why i pointed it :<

If any help is needed rewriting the english or something like that, I'd be more than glad to do whatever I can, so if I can help... tell me ^^

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, there's lots of room for proof-reading:

-Some translators have been using machine translations, or English isn't their first language, so they sound a little weird.

-Some people (like me) don't have fluent Japanese, or are translating fast, so sometimes we might translate incorrectly, or not be able to think of a good English equivalent.

-A lot has been translated without regard for whether or not it'll fit in the line, so if you can think of good short translations for those kinds of things it'll be good.

-There are things that are hard to translate out of context, so if you're familiar with Final Fantasy or have been playing the game, you may know the correct translations.

-Then there's just a lot of awkward sentences, typos, capitalised/ uncapitalised words etc. that need fixing.

I think we're pretty much translating on the theory that it's better to get some kind of translation in for everything - we can come back and fix up all the mistakes as they appear.

So just play the patched game, familiarise yourself with the wiki and help out where you can.

btw, the readme can be found here:
http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Ffta2_Readme

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Totally Rocks! You guys ARE insane.....ly good at this. I am just in awe... if awesome is some awe.. the team here is aweFULL... because I'm full of awe at how well done this is just this quickly. Thank you so much and Keep up the wonderful effort!

KizunaIatari

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Christ, you guys work fast. Square Enix's translation department should be ashamed. I've got no real problems so far. Just some ones that people have already stated. It's like Christmas has come early. Look forward to the next patch people, its gonna be great.
yaynds.gif
ganbatte kudasai!

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't yet tried the patch because I'm a story nerd ((go figure)) but From what I'm hearing, I'm quite impressed! So, I'm sure this has been asked before, but do you plan on translating the story at all? Or will I have to wait for the US release?

Indicible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would say the problems occuring during the enlarging process come from a lack of Ram.
On my old laptop with 240 Mo Ram, it always went wonky, but on the other PC I use, with 768 Mo Ram, it worked without problem twice.
From what I gather, the file should be 116 116 268 octets big.

In short, use a computer with a big Ram supply, and all should be okay.

D

Deleted User

OP
I would say the problems occuring during the enlarging process come from a lack of Ram.
On my old laptop with 240 Mo Ram, it always went wonky, but on the other PC I use, with 768 Mo Ram, it worked without problem twice.
From what I gather, the file should be 116 116 268 octets big.

In short, use a computer with a big Ram supply, and all should be okay.
The enlarger has been writtten without thinking about ram issues. Sorry
smile.gif
I'll try to fix this later.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, my computer's a piece of crap. 192Mb of RAM. Don't worry about fixing it deufeufeu, most people should be able to find another computer somewhere.

Let's concentrate on the important things!

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work, but there's a bug when you get a new job. You can't seem to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol