Gaming FFAT2 HELP

Boldy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just finished this, is quite easy if you do enough side quests. My average level was around 18. Now the rest is from Memory.
Since Nu-Mou cant act apart from attack i had to ditch my main healer. I ended up with:

Luso: Thief
Adelle: Fighter
Bangaa: Dragoon
Bangaa: Dragoon/White Monk
Viera: Elementalist/Red Monk
Human: Hunter/Archer

Now, that part looks completely weak, but, i went with the clan ability of Regen. Not sure what clan trial gives it, but so very helpful getting 20hp per character back a turn. I simply had one Dragoon Jump, the other Air Render, Adelle also Air Render, Luso just attack, the Hunter attack, and the Viera either use Fire or Cure, depending on circumstances. Does nearly 300 damage for all 6 characters, and i was taking a max of 30 from its Gravity Flux, or 80 from its Draw In move.

Oh yes, its worth noting, if i knew, the Dragoon/White Monk would have been a Bishop/White Monk, to make use of Aero, which it is weak to.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Elementalist's are ideal as they have the ability of disabling the normal spider monsters things from attacking (Flame whip I believe, I dont have my ds on me
tongue.gif
). They have the ability of healing the party also so having one along with a white mage will help you greately in terms of keeping your party alive.

Having regen in use (I believe I got it from completing the most difficult trail condition/criteria from one of the early clan trails) also helps.

This leads me to the next point of trying to keep the part close together so that it is easier to heal everyone in one round (if you use two healers). That should mean having three members who have the counter ability being positioned next to the boss, along with one who can perform long distance attacks (against the boss and normal monsters if necessary) and two healers.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I just finished this one last night, first try. I first ran my 4 "tanks" right down to him. A Dragoon, a Warrior, a Ninja, and a Soldier. All 4 had counter on as well. I then had one Black Mage/Fusilier stand back and distract the spiders, and one Red Mage stand back and damage/heal.

I just had my 4 heavy hitters keep basic attacks on him (except Air Render, which does great), and healed whenever possible with the Red Mage. Oh yea, I also had Regen as my clan ability. Well, the worm thing didn't do it very often, but he has an attack which hits everyone next to him. Well, the awesome thing is, in doing so all 4 of my characters down there countered on him for that.

Also note: everyone was between levels 15 to 20.

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PuyoDead said:
Well, the worm thing didn't do it very often, but he has an attack which hits everyone next to him. Well, the awesome thing is, in doing so all 4 of my characters down there countered on him for that.
Thats how i beat him a while back. all you have to do is just sit all your guys next to him and when he uses that move (or the one that hits all party members) they can all counter for massive damage.

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 Long range (hunter + Gunner)
2 short range (Luso being a Fighter, and Adelle being a Thief, both with Counter)
2 Healers/ Magick attackers (1 Bishop with White Monk A, and an Elementalist)

First you walk down as much as possible, if you're a high enough level, then you should be able to take a couple hits from the spiders along the way. Once you're down there just keep bashing the guy. Heal with White Flame and Cura (from the Bishop) and when you're a high enough hp use Fire Whip and Air Render. It took me two tries because I forgot to save the first time
sleep.gif
but the second time I tried this it was even faster. Adelle just died on me because I never trained her, so I never bothered resurrecting her. Just forget everything else and focus on the mark. Make sure that the people who are sucked in have items so they can just refresh themselves with a hi potion just in case.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got killed the first time too in this quest, but then leveled up a little and it was fine the next time I tried.

Now, I STRONGLY recommend to open the chests in this area, specially the one up north, since it holds an Angel ring, wich resurrects its user automatically when it gets killed (one time per battle). This is not the only quest taking place in this area and, actually, I got it in a previous quest (meaning you can get it before the big fight, thus making it easier).

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Now, I STRONGLY recommend to open the chests in this area, specially the one up north, since it holds an Angel ring, wich resurrects its user automatically when it gets killed (one time per battle). This is not the only quest taking place in this area and, actually, I got it in a previous quest (meaning you can get it before the big fight, thus making it easier).
i think items in chests might be random. because theyre crappy most of the time.

Yourigath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JBates said:
QUOTE said:
i think items in chests might be random. because theyre crappy most of the time.
no, this is always an Angel Ring... but you can take the ring on each quest that you do in this zone

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yourigath said:
JBates said:
QUOTE said:
no, this is always an Angel Ring... but you can take the ring on each quest that you do in this zone
wow, thats not bad. i think i got an angel ring somewhere else though, probably a 1-time item for every time you make it at the bazaar.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did this quest today, at about level 29.

My team:

Luso: Ninja / Items
Hume: Fighter / Soldier
Bangaa: Dragoon / Monk
Nu Mou: Sage / White Mage
Moogle: Black Mage / Items
Viera: Sniper / Archer

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where you are in the game, but one of the repeatable quest (A Harvest Hand) in Camoa has chocobos of all colors coming into the battle.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stolen shamelessly from a certain site now banning the talk of homebrew:

Green = Greenfire, Zedlei Forest
Brown = Greenfire, Aldanna Range
White = Greenfire, Rupie Mountain
Yellow = Greenfire, Targ Wood OR Ashleaf/Skyfrost, Goug
Red = Ashleaf, Kthili Sands
Black = Plumfrost, Rupie Mountains OR Greenfire, Galerria Deep

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally confused on whether or not I should use the main characters. Cid to me looks like a perfect Bangaa substitute and I switched him out because I didn't want to wait for my bangaa to get the Dragoon job (Cid could already do it). I'm just wondering if that's the better choice, because Cid is roughly 5 levels below the rest of my group. Did you guys sub in ALL of your original clan members to fit the "guests" in?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't. The only unique character I use is Luso, though I hear Adelle gets mad powerful later in the game. I like my generics as they are, and while you can argue about the unique's classes or looks or whatever, my guys already have that many levels and billions of AP on them already. By the time I get the other people, they're way outclassed by what I already have...

shamantimk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Adelle can become the heritor later on. I DOnt think she is that powerfull, but yea, she has some nice abilities. I'd never trained her before, but atm she's in training (currently lvl 38, and other characters are around lvl 47), because of some variation in my team. (my team has 18 trained members, but it's never too much
tongue.gif
)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only have used Adelle in the battles where you have to use her, and for missions where I want to keep the law (No actions by certain non-Hume race, or No Harming The Weak) but she's less than half the level of the rest of my team. >_>;

I have at most 11 people. Six for my fighting force, a spare Hume that I put on the sidelines, a Bangaa and a Viera I picked up, and then Cid and Adelle. I want to get another Moogle so I can have a White Chocobo Knight for mass MP recovery.

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well specifically I was wondering about Cid. Currently my bangaa is level 25 had has the following
2 Warrior abilities
3 White Monk (Exorsize, Air Render, Roundhouse)
2 Bishop Abilities (Cura, Aero)

I wanted to get it to Dragoon but Cid can already be a dragoon so that's why I use him more often now. I just need to know if I should just stick with my bangaa.

EDIT: Not to mention Cid has Counter >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_