ROM Hack FF8 Remastered and FF9 Official Nintendo Switch Modding Thread

FFManiac09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome everyone! I've created this thread in hopes of uniting all those like minded individuals like myself out there who would be interested in seeing FF8 and FF9 mods ported to the Switch like a lot of mods have already been done for FF7. We also currently have a version of FF9's Moguri ported to the Switch, but sadly nothing for FF8 yet. I'm hoping someone can help me dive into the game layout structure for FF8 and FF9 on the Switch so i can work on potentially porting over some more mods via LayeredFS for our lovely Switch community. Thanks in advance for all the help and look forward to potentially working with you all soon!

Last edited by FFManiac09,
Reactions: MrEffler22

FFManiac09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To start things off, 01008B900DC0A000 is the Switch title ID for FF8 Remastered. Now I just need the NSP dump file layout structure of FF8 to setup the LayeredFS folder correctly to then start testing some mods.

Zeush83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello people I wanted to ask if someone could or has the black squall mod. It is the one that changes the appearance that is on the Nexus page. The question is that there are some files that are in the field.fs folder in png format and he asked me if someone could convert them to ddsz format for use on nintendo switch. i would be very grateful

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I'm the one who ported the pc mods of Chrono cross to switch (AbsoluteVile on steam and Alan the green one in discord, (Ported only, I did make 3 mods but they were very simplistic), I have Ff8 is my second favorite, perhaps I can be of help.

Zeush83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I'm the one who ported the pc mods of Chrono cross to switch (AbsoluteVile on steam and Alan the green one in discord, (Ported only, I did make 3 mods but they were very simplistic), I have Ff8 is my second favorite, perhaps I can be of help.
I would really appreciate it, it's a Nexus mod called black squall, it's an alternative costume for dissidia nt. well, there are two folders, one is called Battle fs and it comes in png, that's no problem. the problem is the field fs is in png but in the switch version it is in ddsz format. They have the same names. What I know is that you have to convert the png to ddsz. If you could convert it we would have an opportunity to use a simple but nice mod. And I would enjoy it a lot. anyway thanks for answering me

I would really appreciate it, it's a Nexus mod called black squall, it's an alternative costume for dissidia nt. well, there are two folders, one is called Battle fs and it comes in png, that's no problem. the problem is the field fs is in png but in the switch version it is in ddsz format. They have the same names. What I know is that you have to convert the png to ddsz. If you could convert it we would have an opportunity to use a simple but nice mod. And I would enjoy it a lot. anyway thanks for answering me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte