Gaming FF : My Life As A King wont launch !!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Help me D:. I was awaiting for this whole week while I didn't have my SD card. Now that I have it, I installed it successfully and all, but when I launch it... Wii just boots itself. I used Freethewads to patch it to PAL since it was NTSC, don't know if that has anything to do with it... Some other games did this aswell, while some others worked just fine.

There were also games which would freeze after pressing start.. Black screen comes and the info screen about controllers never comes up.. Anyone know what might be wrong ? Is it my Wii or what ? I really want to play FF >.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh just f..fucking great. And of course I can't have 3.2E because I don't have Wii, and no one can't supposedly code a program to update to 3.2 without stupid Wi-fi

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had 3.2 it didnt work search around for wwpacker worked fine after i used wwpacker x] GL
lecture.gif

Posts merged

bout ur games try using gecko os on home brew channel

DST3mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*NOTE that Im using wwwpacker165 and on "3. When asked to patch the .dol file, press 0. After it finishes, press any key." I pressed one as I do not use the Japanese version, FF works fine(and it takes a BUTTLOAD of memory
unsure.gif

kjaved373 said:
Never mind. After hours of research I have got it to work. For others who have this problem in the future, just follow these steps:

This will stop the resetting back to the Main System Menu when launching WiiWare.

Tichinde925
For NTSC-North America users, on step 3 and step 4:

3. When asked to patch the .dol file, press 0. After it finishes, press any key.

Press 1 instead.

4. For the next option (Video Mode Changer), press A then enter. If converting to PAL, choose option 1, if not, choose 2, then press enter. Press any key to continue.

Press 2 as you want it to stay NTSC.

For the most part everything else can be followed word for word.

Eeyoregurl27:
Hello I'm the person who cracked Angel Solitaire and Oekaki Logic. I decided to try and crack these myself by reading this topic (specifically posts #113 and #116), but it seems the directions were a bit scrambled. After playing around with various settings on wwpacker and GenericWiiPatcher, I finally figured out how to properly patch these Wiiware games to work correctly with no problems. Now I'm going to tell you all how I did it as clearly as I can (note: I'm going to be explaining the way to do it with a JP wad, but it should work for other regions by making adjustments as needed ).

Tools needed:

google these

wwpacker 1.6
common-key.bin
Generic Wii Patcher
WiiWare wad you want to patch (for this example a Japanese one)

Before you begin:
-Unzip wwpacker to C:\ or whatever letter your root hard drive is (to reduce the possibility of errors)
-Place common-key.bin in the wwpacker folder
-Unzip GenericWiiPatcher and paste a copy to the wwpacker folder
-Place an unzipped copy of your wad into the wwpacker folder

How to crack:
1. Drag the wad to the file named _wwunpacker.bat. When the program is finished, press any key to close the window.
2. Drag the whole folder the program produced to the file named _wwpacker-IOS35-Plus.bat.
3. When asked to patch the .dol file, press 0. After it finishes, press any key.
4. For the next option (Video Mode Changer), press A then enter. If converting to PAL, choose option 1, if not, choose 2, then press enter. Press any key to continue.
5. Now it should have the option to patch the .dol file with Generic Wii Patcher. Leaving the DOS window open, go to your wwpacker folder and open GenericWiiPatcher.exe.
*5a. Under GWP, press open and go to your wwpacker folder. The folder of the unpacked wad should be the only one to select if you didn't unpack any other wads there. Open it, select the .dol file, and press open.
*5b. The only options you need to use with this are the Error001-Fix and the Country Strings. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE!
*5c. Under Error001-Fix, press Search, then Press Remove 001. Under Country Strings, select the country of your choice, then press Patch Strings. Press Save. Close Generic Wii Patcher.
6. Press the DOS window so it has the focus again. Press any key to repack the wad. Press any key again to close the window.
7. Rename your new wad whatever you want, use Wad Installer/Manager to install on your Wii, and enjoy your new game

Note that this is explaining how to crack a Japanese game. You will have to use a different setting for step 3 if you're using a game from another region. It should all work the same.

UNQUOTE

This works great.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
None of this matters anymore.. I downloaded another version off from torrent and it worked fine on 3.1E. I also upgraded successfully to 3.2E through WADManager but I didn't try if the game worked after that. ... Not that it matters, that game sucks ;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator