Few questions about switching to Luma 3ds CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KingxHyruler, Aug 20, 2016.

1. KingxHyruler
    OP

KingxHyruler Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Ok so currently I'm using reinand on a Sysnand 9.2 N3DSXL with emuNand on the latest firmware, I've heard nothing but good things about luma so I wanted to switch, my concern is would have to reinstall all of the games I already have installed on reinand? Also how would the replacing of the cfw go?

One last thing and I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but recently I was trying to install Dragon Ball fusions with FBI as I always do and it installs it just doesn't show up on the home screen thus I can't play it. thanks for any help!

2. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    You are able to have multiple types of firmwares. It's as simple as dragging and dropping files into your 3ds's SD card. Getting Luma3DS is easy. Just simply drag over all of the files in there correct location and boot into the homebrew launcher. After that, click on luma and checkmark the options that you would like such as: use second emunand as default, show current nand in system settings, show gba boot screen.
    All of this said, i would switch to Arm9LoaderHax. It is much better and it also uses luma. You can find the guide here, https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

3. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for quick reply! Also are the games I have installed just going to show up when I boot luma?

4. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Games that you installed in your emuNAND are tied to your emuNAND itself and not to your custom firmware. If you would like an example, a while ago, i set up a friends 3ds with rxtools. (horrible idea) She installed a lot of games on it but i then wanted to switch it to luma. 5 min later, she was running luma and kept all of her games.

5. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Oh sweet! Alright sounds awesome then! One last question, would I be able to use the control boot manager to boot into homebrew and then luma? Or is there a way to boot directly into luma, lol sorry for all the questions

6. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Sadly i cannot answer that. :/
    I've never used control boot manager before. But, you have a choice of booting directly into luma or the homebrew launcher! You can change it in luma's boot settings. Hold down "select" when launching luma to change them. If you select all of the settings i mentioned previously, you will end up launching directly into luma3DS

Edit: LOL don't worry about all the questions. People on GBAtemp are very cool and willingly help others. ;)

Last edited by Stephano, Aug 20, 2016
  7. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Awesome! Lol I'll just have to figure out how to install FBI on the health and safety app on luma and then I'm all set, I'm still wondering why Dragon Ball fusions won't show up on my home screen though, I can boot it and play it from title manager but I can't see it on the home screen.

8. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    That is very odd. :/ I'm not sure why that is and unfortunately i can't help you with that. I have one last thing for you. When i made the 3ds autoboot to emunand with luma, i lost access to the homebrew launcher. I could not boot it in sysnand or emunand. Fortunatly, @KunoichiZ was able to fix that problem for me. If you have that issue place these 3 files on the root of your SD card.

Attached Files:

KunoichiZ likes this.
  9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Is dragon ball fusions the same region as your 3DS? If not, that's probably why you can't see it. However, Luma has region free built in so when you get Luma you might see the game appear :-)

Stephano likes this.
  10. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    no it's JAP =) but it's showing up on Luma now!

Quantumcat likes this.
  11. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Oh good, you got it working! Have you had any issue booting into the homebrew menu?

12. KingxHyruler
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    No its been all good up to now haha =)

Stephano likes this.