Few questions about SMB sharing and skinning my Wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TwinRetro, Apr 20, 2010.

1. TwinRetro
    OP

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    Okay, First of all I know that skinning my wii would put me at great risk for bricking.

My question on that is...If I have bootmii installed as IOS, and I have priiloader installed and booting straight to HBC at startup, theoretically, if I put a bad skin on my Wii and corrupted the System Menu, would I be able to boot HBC into bootmii and restore my NAND, or would a brick prevent me from doing that?

Second question...With all these homebrew emulators I see "SMB share" Which with a google search has translated to Samba Share. Now, with Windows 7, how would I be able to set up a share to run with various emulators of the GX variety?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    if by skinning u mean installing a custom theme, make sure r using mymenuify

and mymenuify can only result in bannerbrick, so u r good as long as u have either priiloader OR bootmii as boot2. To fix a bad theme, just use priiloader or bootmii to get to the HBC, then launch mymenuify again, and install the original wii theme *.app (there are other ways to fix this 2, but this is the fastest)