ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In order to use those, you need custom firmware (CFW). If you don't have CFW, you can't import those characters and use them so giving out the link would be pointless.

Using one of the images in Omegablu's hex editing thread, I managed to decipher some of the RawEndBlock for Kana. http://imgur.com/a/k5o6Y

I have CFW, I just wondered if maybe someone had a few left so I could import them with FEFTwiddler

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CFW, I just wondered if maybe someone had a few left so I could import them with FEFTwiddler
Since you have CFW, just download official DLC from DeathChaos25's thread, install with a CIA installer, open up Fates and go to the Dragon's Gate, go to Play DLC, select the Awakening Characters Asset option. Let it load and then you'll have the characters without using FEFTwiddler at all.

Reactions: PKBowsy

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since you have CFW, just download official DLC from DeathChaos25's thread, install with a CIA installer, open up Fates and go to the Dragon's Gate, go to Play DLC, select the Awakening Characters Asset option. Let it load and then you'll have the characters without using FEFTwiddler at all.

Darn. 11.0 doesn't seem to have Kernel access, but it still seems like a good method if it would've had.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn. 11.0 doesn't seem to have Kernel access, but it still seems like a good method if it would've had.
You have CFW, right? You can install this even on 11.0 if you have CFW. All you need is a CIA installer. That's part of the whole point of having CFW: being on the latest firmware and have access to stuff like this.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, but when I try to install the CIA it says "Failed to acquire kernel access."
How are you accessing FBI? To me, that message states that you DON'T have CFW. Otherwise FBI could install the CIA with no problem.

Follow Section II - Injecting FBI ONLY from this guide to inject FBI into Health&Safety, then try again to install the CIA again.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How are you accessing FBI? To me, that message stats that you DON'T have CFW. Otherwise FBI could install the CIA with no problem.

From the Homebrew Launcher. I probably mixed up "CFW" and "Homebrew", though, so I probably don't have the CFW and still need the .fe14unit files.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the Homebrew Launcher. I probably mixed up "CFW" and "Homebrew", though, so I probably don't have the CFW and still need the .fe14unit files.
You can't use the .fe14unit files because the characters themselves are stored in Extra Data, which can only be installed with CFW. Giving you or anybody else on stock 11.0 with Homebrew access a link to the .fe14unit files is pointless. If you imported them without having CFW, the game will give you a message saying it couldn't find the DLC and will delete the characters.

You might as well delete FBI from your Homebrew Menu. It's absolutely pointless on 11.0 since it can't access the kernel it needs to install CIAs.

Reactions: PKBowsy

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't use the .fe14unit files because the characters themselves are stored in Extra Data, which can only be installed with CFW. Giving you or anybody else on stock 11.0 with Homebrew access a link to the .fe14unit files is pointless. If you imported them without having CFW, the game will give you a message saying it couldn't find the DLC and will delete the characters.

You might as well delete FBI from your Homebrew Menu. It's absolutely pointless on 11.0 since it can't access the kernel it needs to install CIAs.

Ah, I see. I guess I'll just root for a 11.0 kernel exploit in the future, then. Thanks, anyway!

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I see. I guess I'll just root for a 11.0 kernel exploit in the future, then. Thanks, anyway!

Just tried using JK's Save Manger in .3dsx format (which should fully work without CFW) and it has access to ExtraData. That means that while you cannot install the DLC needed to inject the asset files in your ExtraData, one of us could give you the files. So you'd only have to use JK's Save Manager to backup your ExtraData, insert the assets in the backup's folder, then restore the backup. Once that's done, the .fe14unit files should work. Here's the save manager's link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
As for the assets file, I need to make sure I have the latest ones then upload them but anyone with the DLC installed could do the same.

ToxicHD345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried using JK's Save Manger in .3dsx format (which should fully work without CFW) and it has access to ExtraData. That means that while you cannot install the DLC needed to inject the asset files in your ExtraData, one of us could give you the files. So you'd only have to use JK's Save Manager to backup your ExtraData, insert the assets in the backup's folder, then restore the backup. Once that's done, the .fe14unit files should work. Here's the save manager's link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
As for the assets file, I need to make sure I have the latest ones then upload them but anyone with the DLC installed could do the same.
Sweet I'll be waiting

Reactions: Vernath

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling @DeathChaos25. Is this legit? Can this actually be done?

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Calling @DeathChaos25. Is this legit? Can this actually be done?
Well, I haven't tested this but I'm confident that it should work. I'm just having trouble opening Fates with JK's Save Manager though, while Monster Hunter Generations works properly. Both use ExtraData, so as long as Fates can be opened with it, it should work.

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put JK's Save Manager what else do I need?
Open Fire Emblem Fates with it and make a backup of your ExtraData (if it fails to open ExtraData, you might have to make a save file in these slots, without DLC it would need to be a battle bookmark). I'll upload the assets shortly and post it here.

ToxicHD345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open Fire Emblem Fates with it and make a backup of your ExtraData (if it fails to open ExtraData, you might have to make a save file in these slots, without DLC it would need to be a battle bookmark). I'll upload the assets shortly and post it here.
All right I'll get on Fates soon

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Ezehokadrim,

ToxicHD345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP