KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@KunoichiZ
Stat cap things.
rzagxbG.jpg

First highlighted set are statue caps, seconds highlighted set are permanent caps. Statue cap lets you edit caps properly, permanent caps make them stick properly, so you need both use them properly.
i think the order is HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

The latest mention of Stat Cap things by @whitewolf8

Reactions: Grima and KunoichiZ

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people wondering where certain things are in the character block, here are the boon, bane, talent, and parent locations. For the first picture, the red box show Boon, Bane, and Talent in that order. My talent was Dark Mage, hence the value of 55 (Male Dark Mage Class ID).
Boon was magic, thus the value of 03. Bane was Defense.
HP=01
STR=02
MAG=03
SKILL=04
SPEED=05
LUCK=06
DEF=07
RES=08
Swap out these values for Boon and Bane for whatever you want. Kana has the same order as the Avatar, just in a different location. In Kana's picture, the blue box is the Father's character ID (Being my MU, the value is 01). The pink is the mother ID, but since I'm using the Gay Fates hack, Kana's "mother" is Silas.

Attachments

• GrimaBoonBaneTalent.png
    GrimaBoonBaneTalent.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 699
  • KanaInfo.png
    KanaInfo.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 981

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For people wondering where certain things are in the character block, here are the boon, bane, talent, and parent locations. For the first picture, the red box show Boon, Bane, and Talent in that order. My talent was Dark Mage, hence the value of 55 (Male Dark Mage Class ID).
Boon was magic, thus the value of 03. Bane was Defense.
HP=01
STR=02
MAG=03
SKILL=04
SPEED=05
LUCK=06
DEF=07
RES=08
Swap out these values for Boon and Bane for whatever you want. Kana has the same order as the Avatar, just in a different location. In Kana's picture, the blue box is the Father's character ID (Being my MU, the value is 01). The pink is the mother ID, but since I'm using the Gay Fates hack, Kana's "mother" is Silas.
Talk about doing my work for me, I was just looking it up on SF, using the stat itself with the ID is less confusing for users though.

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the search this thread functionality: USE IT BEFORE POSTING INANE QUESTIONS that have been answered.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 432

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Grima First off, I approve of your username. xD Second, thank you for this info! this will really help! And finally, do you know the full list of Talent IDs for both genders or at least have a link somewhere?

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tested it using my backup file and it's automatically follow the stat mods of their new parents, awesome.
Huh guess the game recalculates those, I assumed they'd have to be manually done by hand. Good to know!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Grima First off, I approve of your username. xD Second, thank you for this info! this will really help! And finally, do you know the full list of Talent IDs for both genders or at least have a link somewhere?

Omegablu's thread, though that particular link didn't come through....

Hello all! I've been hex editing my saves in Fates for a week or so as of posting and have noticed a certain lack of concentrated information anywhere. Serenes Forest has some stuff, but none of it is for saves or localized. I hope to provide both a guide and resources in this thread for editing. This is only for ChapterX (x being any number) files for now, but will expand to others if anything is found. For those of you uncomfortable with hex editing, @Soaprman has a low-feature WIP editor called FEFTwiddler. Convoy editor by @RainThunder is here. Both tools do not need FEST. Most edits cannot be done with these editors, so hex editing is often the only way.

To start off, you need to extract your save. I use savedatafiler and JK's save tool. Use JK's if your save is in extdata (the process is identical). You should get multiple files, named ChapterX, Exchange, Global, Rating, VersusX. The number of files will vary depending on the person. Now that you have those, grab FEST from here. This tool decompresses and compresses save files. Take the save file you want from your dump. The file you need is one of the ChapterX files. Chapter0 is the first slot, Chapter1 is the second, etc. Drag the Chapter file onto the FEST exe file and the program will decompress it for you. Open the resulting file in a hex editor (I use HxD) and tinker to your heart's content. After completion, drag the ChapterX_Dec onto FEST and import the resulting ChapterX (FEST will overwrite an existing file if it is named the same as the file it is creating).

Now, here's the information most of you want. Before going in please note that offsets may never be the same. Credit goes to @Kuro Kairaku for the image and locations.
View attachment 46020
Purple highlights are Character and class id's in that order. For @DeathChaos25's custom dlc replace the 00 between the two with 01. A list of id's can be found at the bottom of the post. Constantly updating list as names do not all match NA release.
Red highlights are equipped skills. Values are also in attached pdf.
Blue highlights are iventory slots. Structure is two pairs for item ID(values in PDF), 00, then a 4 if the item is equipped 0 if not, then the forge level 0-7. Example would be 46 00 00 47. That is an equipped forge level 7 brass naginata.
Not sure exactly what the brown bytes are, but setting them to FF FF FF allows for all dlc classes of your gender to be usable via heart seal.
Dark Purple is avatar hair color in hex. Can be set to any hex value, even non default ones. Not sure if the location is the same for non-avatar characters, but is the same for avatars.
Yellow box is the start of skills and is always the same values.
Yellow highlight are learned skills. Setting these all to FF learns ALL skills that exist in the game.
The FF FF FF FF in row FC0 starts the logbook bytes, but DON'T change the FF's. Zeroing out the numbers after the FF FF FF FF all the way to the FF FF removes the shield from any unit.
Four pairs after the end of the skills are equipped accessories. Order is head face arm body, but that may be wrong.

View attachment 46031 More detailed image linked by Soaprman, thanks man. Leaving other image and data as both are helpful still. Origin of image is Serenes Forest.

And that is all! Please leave comments with improvements, new data, etc. and I will be sure to add it.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a .pdf somewhere in OmegaBlu's thread.
Here it is. Has all class, character, and item IDs.

Attachments

• Character and Class List Fates.pdf
    120.1 KB · Views: 356

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Too bad either hair color change and/or mother change do not affect Confession "cutscenes", the char will still have hair color of it's "former" mother beside those changes...

Edit : I found the problem, the "new" mother MUST be alive, in your "army" and have proper S-Support with the Father for the hair color change to trigger in "confession cutscenes" too :)

Last edited by toto621,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

Harry Troche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me if I am shadowbanned my castle address is 02170-16597-91450-3345. I think I might me, also sorry for making a post that is not related to the topic right now. One more thing I would like to ask. If there is any way to get all the buildings in the game, I have seen a couple of castles with everything on them,just curious....and sorry.

EDIT: missing numbers

02170-16597
91450-33495

Last edited by Harry Troche,

Soralis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me if I am shadowbanned my castle address is 02170-16597-91450-3345. I think I might me, also sorry for making a post that is not related to the topic right now. One more thing I would like to ask. If there is any way to get all the buildings in the game, I have seen a couple of castles with everything on them,just curious....and sorry.

Me too please ! (Please leave feedback)

17060-48140
67976-09266

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing a number in your castle code.

Me too please ! (Please leave feedback)

17060-48140
67976-09266
Either you typed your code wrong, Canadian games can't interact with US games, or you're shadowbanned.

Derlohgocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhm too much posts now XD cant find the IDs to give a charakter the access to hold and use a legendary weapon like fujinn yumi and siegfried can someone tell me them for the hex editor in the save editor

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhm too much posts now XD cant find the IDs to give a charakter the access to hold and use a legendary weapon like fujinn yumi and siegfried can someone tell me them for the hex editor in the save editor
You know, a simple search through the thread would have told you the values and where to find them.

SpiderChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just a note on being banned, there are two versions of banning:

1. Shadow ban is being unable to use the wireless (get an error while connecting) feature and your castle can't be entered (except by friends and previous visitors); fixed by removing the offending items:
a) DLC skills before using the classes (oddly enough Corrin, Azura, and Mozu's skills won't effect it)
b) Certain weapons which can't be forged normally

2. Perma ban effects the wireless function (completely whited out) but you can't reverse it; caused by:
a) using enemy only equipment and skills
b) using DLC classes (or anything connected to them) before release
c) hacking unique or gender exclusive classes on people that can't have them normally (Forrest with Witch)

Also, I suggest putting relief in the DLC class section because currently it's in the normal class section...

Last edited by SpiderChaos,
Reactions: Harry Troche

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: