Hardware Federal Trade Commission puts out warning of any Nintendo Switch emulator scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, i now remember who you are. You were the guy who didn't get my joke... Say what you want, just remember that there are actually people who understood what i was trying to say:
Also:

This little fiasco is a sad but good reason why /s needs to be used. Sometimes it's really hard to tell when people are sarcastic.

Reactions: GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This little fiasco is a sad but good reason why /s needs to be used. Sometimes it's really hard to tell when people are sarcastic.
How about this:

Sarcasm.jpg

Reactions: DrkBeam and s157

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about this:

Sarcasm.jpg

Makes me wish that a sarcasm-detecting bot existed that would quote the poster and say "this person is being sarcastic. please don't start a completely unnecessary shit storm that plagues GBAtemp a lot"

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes it's hard to tell when people are sarcastic in real life. Personally, I prefer a dry delivery (there's a sex joke hidden in there, I'm sure) and anything to explicitly tell people I'm being sarcastic kills that delivery. If they can't decipher the sarcasm, then more hilarity may ensue.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've always hated emulators for portables/mobile. Especially when you can do the opposite and emulate older non-portable consoles on portable devices now, which adds a whole new dimension to the experience rather than taking one away.

Not surprising that people are desperate for a Switch emulator however, considering how desperate they seem to be for the console itself.

Last edited by Xzi,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always hated emulators for portables/mobile. Especially when you can do the opposite and emulate older non-portable consoles on portable devices now, which adds a whole new dimension to the experience rather than taking one away.

Not surprising that people are desperate for a Switch emulator however, considering how desperate they seem to be for the console itself.
I heard good things about the GameBoy emulators on mobile phones. Only issue is audio really, but playing consoles on mobile just seems sad.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, i now remember who you are. You were the guy who didn't get my joke... Say what you want, just remember that there are actually people who understood what i was trying to say:
Also:
I find it funny because I understood what you were trying to say.
I guess the person in question forgot that Zelda BoTW is also a Wii U game.

Reactions: DeslotlCL
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Amazon should do something similar about the situation of mass scam-sellers they have on their marketplace.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny because I understood what you were trying to say.
I guess the person in question forgot that Zelda BoTW is also a Wii U game.
If Cemu can play 1-2 Switch I'll eat my own hat.

Otherwise please stop defending ignorance, your part of the problem.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Cemu can play 1-2 Switch I'll eat my own hat.

Otherwise please stop defending ignorance, your part of the problem.

I don't recall him saying anything of the sort.
But I will not add anything more to this, he pretty much made his point across lol.

Last edited by gamefan5,

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pertaining to the fact that Cemu is able to play Zelda BoTW. Obviously the Wii U version, despite that both versions are the same barring performance that the consoles can output.

EDIT: I still do not see the "able to play every Switch game part".

Last edited by gamefan5,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pertaining to the fact that Cemu is able to play Zelda BoTW. Obviously the Wii U version, despite that both versions are the same barring performance that the consoles can output.
I dont think you've seen both versions of the game to have a say in that. There are a few differences between the two that goes beyond just performance.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
\

Really? Give me an example that does not pertain to the Switch's unique capabilities.
That alone just admits there are differences that seperate the two versions. If you wanna keep pushing the goalpost just to prove a point then be my guest.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That alone just admits there are differences that seperate the two versions. If you wanna keep pushing the goalpost just to prove a point then be my guest.
There are no differences gameplay-wise though, which is what I was pertaining at.
And that is exactly what the person in question was mentioning when he made the joke post.

Nowhere did he say that Cemu could play the entire Switch catalog.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no differences gameplay-wise though, which is what I was pertaining at.
And that is exactly what the person in question was mentioning when he made the joke post.

Nowhere did he say that Cemu could play the entire Switch catalog.
Your right, he didnt but he also claims how master race can shit on Wii U AND Switch owners. This is implication that the console can already be emulated.

With that said can a MAME play Switch games since the Switch is able to play Neo Geo games? Its statements like that which open the door to questions and possibilities. But more importantly it falsely represents the purpose of the emulator in question (unless it truly can play Switch games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-