Hardware Federal Trade Commission puts out warning of any Nintendo Switch emulator scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is that quote? Please show me where I say the switch can be emulated and nintendo will fail because of a emulation of a wiiu game? Or better yet, as your original "fight" is with Despy, where's his quote that says the switch can be emulated?

You've only quoted what I said here.

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would never guess that these fake Switch emulator scams would be so grand that it would influence the FTC to actually comment on them.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
To clarify that there is no Nintendo Switch emulator at this time. Even the FTC is having to step out and confirm this in case it wasn't clear enough from the previous thread.

This has the potential to cause harm to PCs and financial risk, so yeah pretty big deal to rid of any false claims you had.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Deny it all you want. Still never edited your post to reflect what you said/meant.

PC security isnt a joke and your a shitty person if you think that little of how it can affect other potential PC users. Assuming your old enough that you do have kids I hope they can practice proper security and searching from someone other than your ignorant self.

You claim your English is so bad and yet you write out sentences in a clear and cohesive manner. Stop making shit up.

It may work but with the screen size and button input is it practical? Thats what your not seeing.
lmao most people use a bluetooth controller for console emulators.

If Cemu can play 1-2 Switch I'll eat my own hat.

Otherwise please stop defending ignorance, your part of the problem.

I dont think you've seen both versions of the game to have a say in that. There are a few differences between the two that goes beyond just performance.

That alone just admits there are differences that seperate the two versions. If you wanna keep pushing the goalpost just to prove a point then be my guest.

Your right, he didnt but he also claims how master race can shit on Wii U AND Switch owners. This is implication that the console can already be emulated.

With that said can a MAME play Switch games since the Switch is able to play Neo Geo games? Its statements like that which open the door to questions and possibilities. But more importantly it falsely represents the purpose of the emulator in question (unless it truly can play Switch games)

Weird, I didn't get any notification when gamefan5 tagged my name.

@s157 The fact of the matter is its your opinion that specific game is a notable title. Even with DespyCL's opinion it doesn't take away the other Switch titles the console has to offer. Would you shit on consoles too when it gets multiplatform games "lol you are such a loser, I can play this game on my PC on 4k@120fps" but no this specific game has to be the punching bag to Switch owners and how they should feel scammed on a launch title that's also available on a previous console which also happens to have an emulator for it. Is it even worth mentioning upcoming titles like Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Super Mario Odyssey? So yeah try to explain this "joke" again cause from my perspective its blatantly ignorant and paints a poor picture of whatever message your trying to get across.

@DespyCL There was certainly implication when you make such open ended statements. Why even include Switch owners especially at this stage in the console's life? If that wasn't the case was the implication that Switch owners ONLY bought their consoles for LoZ? The fact that the FTC had to put out a warning for something has harmless and common sense as online adware and scams is really telling. Maybe try educating your son a little better so he doesn't grow up as ignorant as you, no need to patronize kids who haven't used the internet as older folk but I guess that's a concept that's hard for you to grasp, good luck with your parenting.

Damn dude, it's ignorant to think that Breath of the Wild isn't a notable title. Nintendo has promoted that game to crazy lengths. It's ignorant to think that many people bought a Switch not to play that game. No where does he slam the future of the Switch, his statement referred to the present. It's just the case of being an early adopter.

I never heard/seen a statement that wasnt factual or subjective. Your welcome to do as you please I wont stop you, must of struck a nerve with your parenting. Dont take it so personal.

I definitely didnt say that you said the Switch would fail. Gonna have to hunt harder where I said that. I definitely remember saying that the instance of one game that isnt even original to the console writes off the whole thing, that does leave interpretation that the Switch is no more than a LoZ machine, which again is subjective.

Everything you two write out are subjective and when I call you out on it or even question it further you just lash out. Take a deep breath and realize its not the end of the world when someone challenges your opinion. A SUBJECTIVE thought.

With that kind of attitude its amazing how you have a son. Keep fighting the good fight.

I actually admire PC gaming very much and I put it above all other platforms. Just dont smear it with such elitist attitude, especially towards a console without a proper emulator yet.

Damn dog, what a power trip. Bolded above are some instances of power tripping, condescension, assumptions.

Multiple people stepped in to try and let you know that it was just a joke. Eerily enough it almost seems as if you hunted for this article to directly call out @DespyCL and another user, why wasn't this posted in user submitted news?

It is evident that a nerve has been struck with you with early adopting the Switch. This is not a subjective statement, the quotes support this as objective. That is unless you went to all this effort in irony. If not, someone said something on the internet that you didn't like and as such you got mad and retaliated. Not just in an argument against his opinion, but sadly personally by making false assumptions and accusations on his parenting capabilities.

Please calm down and try not to lash out at people. Someone just made a joke about the flagship launch title for the Nintendo Switch, and a late release for the Wii U being emulated.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@s157 So I guess you arent going to quote me anymore. Does this mean you stopped and realize the "joke" is lame and ineffective?

@PettingZoo

I use bluetooth controllers for my emulators too. Whats your point?

I never said the title isnt notable at all. It deserves the praise it gets but I'd never make such a bold claim that its the only title worth it on the Switch. He does indeed slam Switch owners by saying PC Master Race can shit on them because of a title that is emulated by its predecessor console. I guess you cant see how silly that sounds? Its ignorant on so many levels.

lol power tripping and yes they are assumptions when you have previous statements to work with that give you insight on how they came to their conclusion.

About the article, I didnt bring it up with the purpose to single him out. I read it and I was immediately reminded of someone who brings up Switch emulation thinking to myself "lol now who does this article remind me of?". If I knew you on a personal level, you really like Pokemon and I read some news about Pokemon wouldnt I be inclined to share it with you? That was the idea but sure I can see how this is now turned into a witch hunt of sorts (not my intentions.)

I'm not hurt, embarrassed, upset, etc about being a PC gamer or a Nintendo gamer. There are a few minor flaws with the Switch I don't enjoy like the screen scratching, soon to be online subscription, not turning off the console remotely, and other things but its far from being about its games or how a game from a previous console is emulated which also happens to be a launch title for this new console.

I'm pretty calm myself sir. I'm just pointing out the levels of ridiculous it is to bash Switch owners when they should have never have been brought up in the first place. If someone bought the Switch purely as a LoZ machine then yeah you and everyone else defending this has a good point and that I can agree with.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@s157 So I guess you arent going to quote me anymore. Does this mean you stopped and realize the "joke" is lame and ineffective?

@PettingZoo

I never said the title isnt notable at all. It deserves the praise it gets but I'd never make such a bold claim that its the only title worth it on the Switch. He does indeed slam Switch owners by saying PC Master Race can shit on them because of a title that is emulated by its predecessor console. I guess you cant see how silly that sounds? Its ignorant on so many levels.

lol power tripping and yes they are assumptions when you have previous statements to work with that give you insight on how they came to their conclusion.

About the article, I didnt bring it up with the purpose to single him out. I read it and I was immediately reminded of someone who brings up Switch emulation thinking to myself "lol now who does this article remind me of?". If I knew you on a personal level, you really like Pokemon and I read some news about Pokemon wouldnt I be inclined to share it with you? That was the idea but sure I can see how this is now turned into a witch hunt of sorts (not my intentions.)

I'm not hurt, embarrassed, upset, etc about being a PC gamer or a Nintendo gamer. There are a few minor flaws with the Switch I don't enjoy like the screen scratching, soon to be online subscription, not turning off the console remotely, and other things but its far from being about its games or how a game from a previous console is emulated which also happens to be a launch title for this new console.

I'm pretty calm myself sir. I'm just pointing out the levels of ridiculous it is to bash Switch owners when they should have never have been brought up in the first place. If someone bought the Switch purely as a LoZ machine then yeah you and everyone else defending this has a good point and that I can agree with.

I responded without quoting in that you basically quoted nothing that proves your point.

Where is that quote? Please show me where I say the switch can be emulated and nintendo will fail because of a emulation of a wiiu game? Or better yet, as your original "fight" is with Despy, where's his quote that says the switch can be emulated?

You've only quoted what I said here.

You really don't read posts, huh?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really don't read posts, huh?
I could say the same about you sir
I have quoted it to you but then you will push the goalpost and claim that isnt what you meant. Thats the thing about opinions, they can be interpreted in many ways giving you le way to twist an argument in any way you see fit.
Just admit, you'd twist whatever I present and deny its meaning. Its fruitless.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to repeat myself?

Where have I said there was a switch emulator? Where has despy said there was a switch emulator? Where have ANY of us claimed that nintendo will fail because of a WiiU game was emulated?

Sigh... it's bad enough that you can't recognize a joke and must ask someone to provide factual evidence FOR A JOKE, but this is a false claim entirely.

These are all the quotes you got from me:

Dear god, do you not know what a joke is? If he said Middle-Earth existed as a joke, would you lash out at him for not citing facts? How could you have misinterpreted a joke so badly? If I were to make a knock-knock joke, is your first response "false. you are not at my doorway, so you aren't knocking on anything, so you obviously think PC can emulate everything"?

This is really, really amazing in a sense.

Oh lord. Good lord. Do you read the stuff you quote? He never even MENTIONS the possibility of a switch emulator.

Let's take a step back. The quote you're fussing over SO much was posted in response to the news that CEMU can emulate the WiiU version of the nintendo switch.

First of all, since you cannot recognize it, this ENTIRE STATEMENT is a joke. One in poor taste if I were to comment with my bias. Now, what exactly makes it a joke? It's the fact that the PC master race (another joke that's gone too far) can emulate the WiiU of BotW quite nicely. As BotW is one of the biggest reasons to get the switch (back then), it essentially gave them "bragging" rights, or if you can't see it in the joke, the idea that the PC users can "shit as much as they want on wii u/switch owners". As if to say they can do the one good thing nintendo did even better. Is he saying that the PC can emulate the switch? No. There is not a single post of his that says the switch can be emulated on the PC. I don't know where that even came from, even if you don't take it as a joke. If anything, that's what you should be quoting, but you can't as that statement doesn't exist.

Multiple people have commented that his comment was a joke. So why on earth are telling him to provide facts? Do you ask people who make Chuck Norris jokes to state the scientific facts behind their obvious fallacy that makes it a joke?

All of his statements are subjective. You probably thought of the wrong word here, as it's ALL his opinion. Objective is what you're looking for.

I have NO IDEA how you got to this:

Where on earth did I say the Switch will fail because of this being emulated? Where did @DespyCL say that? I don't think you even bother reading what people say, as apparently you think of me as a PC elitist when I clearly said:

Do you just read the first few words of a post then completely imagine what the rest of the post says?

His entire post, which you still can't to realize as a joke, is subjective. That's to what I'm referring as.

Sigh. You don't understand jokes. That's fine. Call us rabid nintendo haters. Here's my challenge to you then:

Find and quote our posts where we say the switch can be emulated. Or find the post where we say nintendo will fail due to the WiiU version of BotW can be emulated.

Maybe then you'll realize that you are arguing about something that never happened in the first place. Until you do, I'm done as you are the one making false claims then.

And your response:

I dont waste my time with learning trash talk, let alone trying to understand it. Maybe your better suited on another forum where that type of language is more digestible to younger audiences.

P.S. You have amazing English for someone who claims to know it so poorly. Just wanted to commend you on that. (Not sarcasm)

I have quoted it to you but then you will push the goalpost and claim that isnt what you meant. Thats the thing about opinions, they can be interpreted in many ways giving you le way to twist an argument in any way you see fit.

Let's go even further and look at all the quotes you picked out from @DespyCL

Well, now pc master race users can shit as much as they want on wii u/switch owners.

That's basically it. It's a joke. Maybe a bad one, but a joke nonetheless, one that you demanded factual evidence to back up. FOR A JOKE. But let's go even beyond that and list all the quotes you had from him:

Wait, what the heck? Why am i mentioned here?

Still dont get why i am here. What does cemu have to do with a possible switch emulator?

Dude, i never mentioned there was a switch emulator, i was poking fun about this:

Ah, i now remember who you are. You were the guy who didn't get my joke... Say what you want, just remember that there are actually people who understood what i was trying to say:
Also:

What in the actuall... alright dude, alright.

Dont waste your time and energy with him dude. It's a lost cause.

Dont have a son, i'm <25 years old, still studying. You didn't even got the joke of that meme.

For the love of god, please stop.

In this thread you have quoted all of these. Tell me, do any of these look like us claiming that there's a nintendo switch emulator? Seriously.

Last edited by s157, , Reason: Bolded my main points as there's a 99% chance remix won't read most of it,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@s157
I'm fully capable of jokes and know them well, what was presented was a poorly thought out joke. Literally void of any humor that could be taken from it. Why should Switch users feel bad because of one title that is emulated from a previous system? I hold nothing against DespyCL and never have. Just trying to get to the bottom of this "joke" which holds no weight to the topic it was originally presented in.

I continuously ask for evidence of this alleged emulator simply because the Switch is brought up in a conversation that should of never been brought up in. If anything Wii U owners should piss on Switch owners for getting LoZ and Mario Kart 8, while the Switch has these games with better features the games themselves were arguably made for Wii U first and foremost so they could flop their e-penis at having first dibs while the Switch is just getting scraps/sloppy seconds (not even mentioning Switch will have a paid online subscription soon while Wii U owners are indefinitely free for the time being.) That would be a better joke cause that actually makes SENSE and is FACTUAL. The PC being able to emulate the Wii U is just icing but no where close to making fun of Switch owners for.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
@PettingZoo

About the controllers, I missed your comment about screen size with phone emulators, but I thought it was more popular to use bluetooth controllers than the on screen buttons.

Weird, I didn't get any notification when gamefan5 tagged my name.
@s157 The fact of the matter is its your opinion that specific game is a notable title.

I mean that's it right there, implication that the game is only notable based on someone else's opinion. The way you framed it comes off as denying that it isn't notable and that it is only notable in @s157 's opinion.

Kinda the same thing though. If you were immediately reminded why not a PM lol? The fact that this was followed up with such vigour in argument...

But this is the whole crux of your argument/reason for tagging those users, it does concern the emulation of the LoZ game.

But it isn't ridiculous, the game being emulated is on both the Switch and the Wii U, no? Then it's relevant for them to have been brought up. If you check out some Digital Foundry videos on performance, or read up some comparisons between versions, or play on both systems, you'll see that they're essentially the same game (besides an added flavour of HD Rumble on the Switch). The Switch version is without a doubt a port from the Wii U (check out some early Nintendo Direct footage).

Addressing the 'LoZ machine', consider that Breath of the Wild is the definitive flagship Switch game, there is an air of it performing better on a 'Next Generation Console'. 1-2-Switch, Bomberman and most offerings on the online store are pretty much arcade-y bite sized games. To deny that it isn't pretty much a 'LoZ machine' at launch is pretty ignorant.

Comparing the amount of games on each platform, Wii U and Switch, it's fairly certain that the Switch is more of a 'LoZ machine' than the Wii U.

@DespyCL 's joke still stands dude. If it was a supposed nod toward a supposed Switch emulator, why was he talking about cemu and not this mysterious Switch emulator?

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@s157
I'm fully capable of jokes and know them well, what was presented was a poorly thought out joke. Literally void of any humor that could be taken from it. Why should Switch users feel bad because of one title that is emulated from a previous system? I hold nothing against DespyCL and never have. Just trying to get to the bottom of this "joke" which holds no weight to the topic it was originally presented in.

I continuously ask for evidence of this alleged emulator simply because the Switch is brought up in a conversation that should of never been brought up in. If anything Wii U owners should piss on Switch owners for getting LoZ and Mario Kart 8, while the Switch has these games with better features the games themselves were arguably made for Wii U first and foremost so they could flop their e-penis at having first dibs while the Switch is just getting scraps/sloppy seconds (not even mentioning Switch will have a paid online subscription soon.) That would be a better joke cause that actually makes SENSE and is FACTUAL. The PC being able to emulate the Wii U is just icing but no where close to making fun of Switch owners for.

It clears up a lot of things, actually. Mostly that you don't understand the concept of a joke if you're trying to get to the bottom of it and make sure it's factual, and even now you cannot seem to grasp that none of us has mentioned a switch emulator. You were the one who brought it up, and you're the one who keeps bringing it up.

The entire bolded paragraph in the quote is completely pointless, as none of us have mentioned switch emulation. Even the joke doesn't mention switch emulation. And you can't provide proof that it did because we never said it.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC security isnt a joke and your a shitty person if you think that little of how it can affect other potential PC users. Assuming your old enough that you do have kids I hope they can practice proper security and searching from someone other than your ignorant self.

You claim your English is so bad and yet you write out sentences in a clear and cohesive manner. Stop making shit up.
....and yet you can't seem to correctly spell the word "you're." Its a little sad that you literally tagged another user that wasn't even involved
in this thread, just to pick a fight with him.

You're finished? Thank God.
LMFAO wut?! You're (I noticed you used the correct word this time. Good job!) the one who started the fight. You literally tagged him here to argue with him about this, and now you are asking if HE is done? Wow.... I have no words.

I hold nothing against DespyCL and never have.
Umm... this thread would suggest otherwise. Seems to me you're a bit salty. Like, so salty I could swear I was smelling the ocean while reading your posts.

Welp, I've said my piece. Feel free to say yours, but don't expect me to reply. Have a nice day! :D

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
@s157

I continuously ask for evidence of this alleged emulator simply because the Switch is brought up in a conversation that should of never been brought up in. If anything Wii U owners should piss on Switch owners for getting LoZ and Mario Kart 8, while the Switch has these games with better features the games themselves were arguably made for Wii U first and foremost so they could flop their e-penis at having first dibs while the Switch is just getting scraps/sloppy seconds (not even mentioning Switch will have a paid online subscription soon while Wii U owners are indefinitely free for the time being.) That would be a better joke cause that actually makes SENSE and is FACTUAL. The PC being able to emulate the Wii U is just icing but no where close to making fun of Switch owners for.

They're the same game. The Switch version == the Wii U version. Switch pretty much has only one flagship. This flagship game has been emulated on the PC.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an enlightening experience, actually. Never have I seen someone demand factual evidence for something that was never said in regards to a joke.

Reactions: gamefan5

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the controllers, I missed your comment about screen size with phone emulators, but I thought it was more popular to use bluetooth controllers than the on screen buttons.

I mean that's it right there, implication that the game is only notable based on someone else's opinion. The way you framed it comes off as denying that it isn't notable and that it is only notable in @s157 's opinion.

Kinda the same thing though. If you were immediately reminded why not a PM lol? The fact that this was followed up with such vigour in argument...

But this is the whole crux of your argument/reason for tagging those users, it does concern the emulation of the LoZ game.

But it isn't ridiculous, the game being emulated is on both the Switch and the Wii U, no? Then it's relevant for them to have been brought up. If you check out some Digital Foundry videos on performance, or read up some comparisons between versions, or play on both systems, you'll see that they're essentially the same game (besides an added flavour of HD Rumble on the Switch). The Switch version is without a doubt a port from the Wii U (check out some early Nintendo Direct footage).

Addressing the 'LoZ machine', consider that Breath of the Wild is the definitive flagship Switch game, there is an air of it performing better on a 'Next Generation Console'. 1-2-Switch, Bomberman and most offerings on the online store are pretty much arcade-y bite sized games. To deny that it isn't pretty much a 'LoZ machine' at launch is pretty ignorant.

Comparing the amount of games on each platform, Wii U and Switch, it's fairly certain that the Switch is more of a 'LoZ machine' than the Wii U.

@DespyCL 's joke still stands dude. If it was a supposed nod toward a supposed Switch emulator, why was he talking about cemu and not this mysterious Switch emulator?
I was bringing up to that user is mobile is better suited for handheld emulation because of the small amount of input thats needed for them. It was more of a question of whether you should, not whether you could.

And that was the point. That Switch users are shitted on because of a game that is emulated which isnt even emulation of the Switch. Unless owners bought the Switch specifically for LoZ alone then yeah they should feel silly.

You're absolutely right. Thats what I should of done and I'll do better the next time I ever have this occurrence. I admit I was wrong in that regard.

Yes, because the article is about emulation for a current gen console. Not a previous gen console. But for some reason Switch users should feel bad that their precious launch title game is at stake because the original version of the game is being emulated on a non-Switch emulator. It just comes off as petty and ignorant.

I'm very aware of the game originating on the Wii U and being ported to Switch, very aware of that. But the fact stands they have differences as you previously mentioned that makes them different. Would you brag and shit on Switch owners because you can play Metal Slug on MAME and Switch users should feel like shit for even considering purchasing the title because it can be emulated so easily?

I certainly hope the Switch is more of a capable device than being a LoZ machine. I cant speak for everyone and how they will use their Switch and even if PC will eventually emulate the Switch at least owners now will have the prestige of getting first dibs out of its titles before PC users have their turn and brag how they didnt have to pay $300 to get in on the experience. I've been around long enough to understand this and still bought a Switch, I'm a happy camper with everything to come still.

This is an enlightening experience, actually. Never have I seen someone demand factual evidence for something that was never said in regards to a joke.
Not really demanding. More like asking for clarification. Cause the "joke" was THAT bad.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know about you guys, but i'm reporting this so hoppefuly it can get closed. I dont care if i get warning points or suspended, so if you guys do i'm sorry and i thank you for trying to make things clear, but this is going out of control and needs to be stopped.

Please try to not commet back to the op, thank you.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really demanding. More like asking for clarification. Cause the "joke" was THAT bad.
Way to ignore the fact that you're asking for clarification for something that was never said.

Do note that I don't like the joke either, as I've said multiple times but chances are you didn't bother to read it, but you're grasping for something that doesn't exist whenever you ask for this clarification. I'll end things here as you finally seemed to accept that switch emulation was not mentioned by us.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont know about you guys, but i'm reporting this so hoppefuly it can get closed. I dont care if i get warning points or suspended, so if you guys do i'm sorry and i thank you for trying to make things clear, but this is going out of control and needs to be stopped.

Please try to not commet back to the op, thank you.
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Way to ignore the fact that you're asking for clarification for something that was never said.

Do note that I don't like the joke either, as I've said multiple times but chances are you didn't bother to read it, but you're grasping for something that doesn't exist whenever you ask for this clarification. I'll end things here as you finally seemed to accept that switch emulation was not mentioned by us.
Thats fair and it didnt really matter to me if you felt you got humor from it. Just trying to make sense out of something nonsensical. Sorry if you felt ill will towards me.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Yes, because the article is about emulation for a current gen console. Not a previous gen console. But for some reason Switch users should feel bad that their precious launch title game is at stake because the original version of the game is being emulated on a non-Switch emulator. It just comes off as petty and ignorant.
That may be your opinion on the matter. Another viewpoint is just how bizarre the occurrence is and taking the joke from there. Within weeks of launch a flagship title for a brand new console is emulated. It doesn't matter that it is a Wii U emulator, the games are near identical. Differences pretty much being that one vibrates different and they each have frame rate drops in different locations.

I'm very aware of the game originating on the Wii U and being ported to Switch, very aware of that. But the fact stands they have differences as you previously mentioned that makes them different. Would you brag and shit on Switch owners because you can play Metal Slug on MAME and Switch users should feel like shit for even considering purchasing the title because it can be emulated so easily?
If you followed up those differences you'd find that they are negligible, different rumble, different performance issues, and a bit more view distance.

No one would brag about Metal Slug because it's not new and it ain't exclusive. People brag about Breath of the Wild because it is absolutely new, it's a flagship title, and it has added capability on the PC. The somewhat exclusivity of the game has been dumped on.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Someone you deliberately baited out and attacked is trying to smooth things over. That comment is in very poor taste.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That may be your opinion on the matter. Another viewpoint is just how bizarre the occurrence is and taking the joke from there. Within weeks of launch a flagship title for a brand new console is emulated. It doesn't matter that it is a Wii U emulator, the games are near identical. Differences pretty much being that one vibrates different and they each have frame rate drops in different locations.

If you followed up those differences you'd find that they are negligible, different rumble, different performance issues, and a bit more view distance.

No one would brag about Metal Slug because it's not new and it ain't exclusive. People brag about Breath of the Wild because it is absolutely new, it's a flagship title, and it has added capability on the PC. The somewhat exclusivity of the game has been dumped on.

Someone you deliberately baited out and attacked is trying to smooth things over. That comment is in very poor taste.
Yes the games are identical in many ways, I wont deny this but I refuse to say they are the same games. But as I keep emphasizing is that there is more to the Switch than a single game that at best is sloppy seconds in order to assure strong initial sales. It was a silly joke as I say over and over.

Theres also some map features not available on the Wii U version. Funny thing is they actually showed this off in E3 2016 but for some reason it was removed from the Wii U version. Your guess is as a good as mine why they decided to push this feature on the "superior" console.

Yeah I agree the comment was poor. So is doing the equivalent of "I'm not touching you" and waving around in front of someone's space like its a game. You either do it or dont, no need to parade about getting something done.

Anyways I had a decent time with this topic talking with all you wonderful people and I wish you all a good night. I'll respond if the topic is still up for whatever reason. I truthfully never predicted it going this far nor having ill intent to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16