ROM Hack FEAT (Fire Emblem Archive Tool)

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, there.

Finally getting around to releasing the tool I've been using for Fire Emblem datamining/translating.

ubLWZN2.png

It's extremely simple. Drag/drop a file it knows how to deal with, and it'll automatically extract stuff from it (it knows about .arc, .lz, .bin (message binaries), and can extract textures from .ctpk and .bch).

If you drag/drop a .txt file it generated after editing it, it will rebuild that .txt file back into a message binary (for use in translating).

Code: https://github.com/SciresM/FEAT

Download: https://github.com/SciresM/FEAT/releases
How would I go about rebuilding the files? This seems like an interesting program to tinker around with.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that FEAT was updated to support Heroes.
I broke the heroes "encryption" for LZ files, added it to FEAT, started REing the message format and then realized I didn't enjoy smartphone app RE -- the codebase is too modular and gross.

I will absolutely be updating all of my fire emblem related tools for Shadows of Valencia in two months, so hopefully Valencia uses the same formats :)

Yeah, but going back to the problem @robotic_jo had, FEAT has a tough time deciding what kind of lz it is. I've made a fork that semi-fixes the problem, but it only works with FE Heroes. Here's the link. The FEAT FEHeroes.zip has the precompiled version. https://github.com/trainboy2019/FEAT

If you can link me a file that fails to decompress in master (but should), I will gladly update the program to support it.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
14-17 seconds for me, without fail

I broke the heroes "encryption" for LZ files, added it to FEAT, started REing the message format and then realized I didn't enjoy smartphone app RE -- the codebase is too modular and gross.

I will absolutely be updating all of my fire emblem related tools for Shadows of Valencia in two months, so hopefully Valencia uses the same formats :)

If you can link me a file that fails to decompress in master (but should), I will gladly update the program to support it.
For me, it was any of the .bin.lz files. All my version did was force it to use the right one for Heroes.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it was any of the .bin.lz files. All my version did was force it to use the right one for Heroes.

Well...it extracts them fine on my end.

Also, just pushed support for another type of Heroes LZ encryption/compression, and added the ability to convert FE:Heroes message binaries -> .txt to master.

Reactions: RainThunder

sanktanglia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the .bin.lz files contain anything other than localizations? im looking for the data that says what star levels/stats there are for characters, but im starting to think the game only sends you the data for your characters via protobuf :(

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok FEAT (latest version) isnt rebuilding some txt files for some reason (FEAT). When i open it in FEAT, nothing happens.
fc841edcb0404081a8a359f3c7dbf2b9.png
edit dont worry i fixed it

Last edited by robotic_jo,

LuigiPT

Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed that the tool isn't getting the .txt out of the \USEN\Message\Data\Skill.bin.lz , only getting a .bin file.
I'm guessing here should be where the description of the skills is stored. Is there a way to get that .txt?
Here's said file.

Last edited by LuigiPT,

annna

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey scires, thanks for the JP dump. Unfortunately I can't extract it with FEAT like you told me to.
Open/go does nothing and no matter what I drag/drop I just keep getting an "Unable to automatically decompress" message.
Might be a long shot but could anyone perhaps help me?
Here's the text by the way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM