FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DeathChaos25, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Nakuhashi

Nakuhashi Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2018
    Canada
    How exactly would I delete it? I used BigBlueMenu by the way.

Last edited by Nakuhashi, Apr 30, 2018
  2. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    I'd recommend switching to FBI. In BBM you'd have to find the dlc titleid and delete it.

3. Nakuhashi

Nakuhashi Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2018
    Canada
    So I went and deleted the DLC, but I'm still getting the same message("An error has occurred...etc." whenever I try to download some DLC. Any help?

Edit: Never mind, I just installed the regular DLC through the FreeShop and it worked.

Last edited by Nakuhashi, May 16, 2018
  4. Raitera11

Raitera11 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    Hiya peeps!
    So, I installed the custom DLC through cia, worked great, and everyone though for some reason Chrom is this dark hooded figure with these white marks on the hood, like others have said. Now, when I booted up the Before Awakening DLC, the NPC Chrom is also a hooded figure with the white marks on the hood. And when I changed Chrom's class, he looked fine, but when I changed him back to Lord, he just looks like this shadowy hooded guy. So, I think it could be a problem with the Lord class. Just curious on what I should do, or what's going on with Chrom?
    Thanks for the reply! :)

5. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Make sure you are using the latest version, since that bug should have been fixed s while ago

6. Insuz

Insuz Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    I seem to be having a problem with my DLC installations. I'm not sure if it's because I've installed all official Fates DLC with a CIA from that ISO site, but whenever I install this custom characters CIA through FBI, it replaces all of my installed DLC.

Also, for whatever reason, the Chrom/Lissa/Frederick DLC doesn't add the characters (just gets stuck on "Checking for installed content" for a long time before eventually saying the DLC is corrupt and failing to repair). The other characters work, but the problem is when I reinstall the official DLC it replaces the custom characters DLC and forces me to remove them from my unit list.

Is there a way to merge these CIAs, or some other way to make it so that they don't overwrite each other whenever I install one or the other? Or is the only method I have legitimately buying all the Fates DLC and then installing the custom characters?

And is there a reason why the Awakening units could be failing?

Last edited by Insuz, Aug 7, 2018
  7. Squiddy_101

Squiddy_101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Since there is Extdata for download is it possible to use JKSM to restore this extdata and then use feftwiddler to put in the chrom fe14unit file, or am i just being stupid?

Edit : Never mind, I just didn’t see the .cia

Last edited by Squiddy_101, Aug 30, 2018
  8. Squiddy_101

Squiddy_101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can I use the .cia to install the custom DLC with my legit DLC still installed or do I have to delete it? If I do have to delete it is there any way to have the custom DLC and official DLC at the same time?

Last edited by Squiddy_101, Aug 30, 2018
  9. Squiddy_101

Squiddy_101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok, so I've managed to put Chrom into my game and i can even reclass other units into a lord using Feftwiddler. But i'm a bit confused about there maxed stats. At first, chrom's max stats was around 30-34 but randomly it changed to the average max stats of a promoted/DLC class (34-40). I got another chrom but then his max stats where the lower ones. How did this happen and how can i get my other lords and my new chrom to get there better max stats?

10. Excadrill1201
    This message by Excadrill1201 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Sep 27, 2018, Reason: postcount spam.
    Sep 27, 2018
  11. Zasan

Zasan Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    United States
    Indianapolis
    I tried to uninstall the dlc off of my game, and the characters and sprites are gone, but whenever I go into a menu and then back out, my game crashes. Any ideas as to what is going on?

12. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    When I reinstall official DLC, it deletes the mod characters off my save, anything I can do differently to fix this? I'd be fine playing without official DLC but it won't let me go into the next chapter. (Just says no downloadable content found when I try next chapter.)

13. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    How are you reinstalling the official dlc?

14. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    I'm re-downloading in the Extra's menu. Same thing happens if I download separately via Dragon's Gate.

15. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Use a CIA to install the dlc instead.

16. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    My base game is Conquest. Am I going to need to download the Special Edition CIA just to get the DLC? I can't seem to even find the DLC anywhere.

17. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    I would recommend the special edition, but it is not required. There should be cias of the dlc floating around, but per the rules I cannot direct you to them.

18. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Thank you anyway. At the very least I know how I can fix this now.

19. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Follow up question, as I still can't find any of the DLC online (maybe I'm just not looking in the right places), is it possible to dump the DLC from my SD Card, and then after using the Modded DLC, re-apply it?

20. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Yes. Use Godmode9 and the instructions on this link to do it. https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html

UnwantedFortune likes this.