Homebrew FCEUGX not loading cheats file

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, it won't laod them. I have them in the following place.

SD:/fceugx/cheats/<game name>.cht

I also renamed all of the cheat files to my custom naming scheme which is quite simply, all lower-case replace spaces with _, and that's about it. I loaded up duck_tales.nes.zip, and then went to "cheats" and it says "cheats file not found." Even though in the cheats folder there is duck_tales.cht, it's the file from the download page on googlecode.

I just downloaded fceux win version, pointed it at the same cheats folder, and then ran the same game, and it told me that my cheats were accepted. So what's going on here?

All of my games are in the following folder list.

USB0:/emulator_games/nes/<type of game>/<series>/<game name>.zip

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You're loading the cheats from the SD, and it's the correct folder so that shouldn't be the problem...

Did you try unzipped roms? I ask this because I never used roms inside zip/rar/7z/whatever with the emulators on the Wii, and I really don't know if it's possible to cause this.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're loading the cheats from the SD, and it's the correct folder so that shouldn't be the problem...

Did you try unzipped roms? I ask this because I never used roms inside zip/rar/7z/whatever with the emulators on the Wii, and I really don't know if it's possible to cause this.

I'll try it again later, and I don't know why you wouldn't put them in zip files, it almost always halves the size of the files. My complete collection of games that I wanna play on NES, SNES, SMS,GEN,GG,GB,GBC,GBA all add up to only 1.7GiB, they were zipped with advzip, optimized with deflate, and defluff and it's ~50% the regular size of the rom file. I have it from my gcw which is supposed to be on its way back to me one of these years, and I always do zipped if at all possible, on the DSTwo, it was only possible for GBA up to 8M if I remember right but the rest why not? you're saving space and reducing loading times.

Edit: you were right for _whatver_ the reason fceu GX doesn't use the filename from within the zip file as it's filename when looking for .cht files, so i just re-renamed all of the files and hopefully that will now work as I am not keen to re-rename all of my zip files as that'd take ages.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good to hear that you could see the problem, sometimes this things are very picky.

On the PC I do the few times I play with it, but on the Wii I never did, for example with homebrews like Retroarch each time you load a zipped rom, it "unzips" it temorarily and deletes it when it's unloaded or you exit Retroarch, and I've experienced some times that it would hang up trying to do it or take too much time trying to load the game.

There are some cases were you have to use zipped files, but for 8/16 bit games I don't see the problem. Yeah, GBA roms take a lot of space compared to other games, but I have a SD just for the emulators, space is not a problem if I can avoid other issues.

About loading times, Yeah, Snes GX and FceuGX show that loading bar each time you boot a game, but again, I really couldn't care less if it takes a couple of seconds if I can avoid other problems. Once the game starts it works normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...