Homebrew fce ultra gx version with custom cropping overscan size

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

I have successfully add a feature to the last version of fceu ultra gx 3.3.9.

The new feature is we can specify PER game the border width of top, left, right and bottom cropping size. All settings per game are save into a xml file in the app folder.

This is useful for games like super mario bros 3 to hide the left side the game use for buffer and also other game that required a different size of cropping to look better, as we wishes.

Please note: if you just add 1 line of overscan for the top, it will not show on screen, because the top screen does not start at the top limit of your tv or monitor. I suggest you start with 4-8 pixels of each sides and you play with each side to adjust as you wish :)

I am also open to suggestions if you have other smalls ideas to add some features, I can work on it if its not too complicated ;)

Attachments

• boot.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
Last edited by Cecilmax,

Ob1Kenobi86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I’m interested in your mod of Fceugx, but I cannot send a PM because I don’t have enough posts yet. Any way to can send directly to me?

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys,

The new feature is we can specify PER game the border width of top, left, right and bottom cropping size. All settings per game are save into a xml file in the app folder.

This is useful for games like super mario bros 3 to hide the left side the game use for buffer and also other game that required a different size of cropping to look better, as we wishes.

let me a PM if you want the .dol :)

I am also open to suggestions if you have other smalls ideas to add some features, I can work on it if its not too complicated ;)

3 suggestion:

1. Dont need to work with PM. Just post things in mega, mediafire, etc....
2. For fceultra, scanlines.
3. Blaarg composite filter, helps a lot in big modern oled tvs, without it, the games becomes a pixel mess

Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I’m interested in your mod of Fceugx, but I cannot send a PM because I don’t have enough posts yet. Any way to can send directly to me?

Yes, Ill create a public link, just give me 1-2 days and Ill post the link in the first post of this thread. If you dont see it by tomorrow night, just send me a reminder :)

Ob1Kenobi86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much, but I tried the link and it's giving a "404 - file not found" error. When I try it in Chrome, it downloaded the file but is only downloading a 2kb file, and not opening.

Ob1Kenobi86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so good, but just checking - you have to go to a game, turn on cropping, then it creates the title in the .XML file. I have been going back to that file and modifying the sizes there, then returning to the Wii to see the changes. Is there any way to adjust those sizes in the menu on the Wii?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far so good, but just checking - you have to go to a game, turn on cropping, then it creates the title in the .XML file. I have been going back to that file and modifying the sizes there, then returning to the Wii to see the changes. Is there any way to adjust those sizes in the menu on the Wii?

Yes it is supposed to be editable in the menu :)

Ob1Kenobi86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it doesnt seem to do anything on mine. I can't move the numbers left and right to adjust the values. I'm playing on a Wii U virtual wii, so not sure if that makes any difference?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DISREGARD! I was trying to click the values with my controller, had to use the Wii pointer. SORRY!! now its perfect!!

Reactions: Cecilmax

Ob1Kenobi86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So everything seemed to be working great and I was adjusting the sizes for each game without issue, but when I closed fceugx and came back in, all of my crop settings were set back to zero. Now they don’t seem to be saving at all. As soon as I close a game and go back to the game everything has reverted back to zero. Not sure what is going on. What do you set your cropping to -Vertical, horizontal, or both? Sorry if I seem like I’m complaining! I really love this feature and appreciate you creating this, I’m just wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So everything seemed to be working great and I was adjusting the sizes for each game without issue, but when I closed fceugx and came back in, all of my crop settings were set back to zero. Now they don’t seem to be saving at all. As soon as I close a game and go back to the game everything has reverted back to zero. Not sure what is going on. What do you set your cropping to -Vertical, horizontal, or both? Sorry if I seem like I’m complaining! I really love this feature and appreciate you creating this, I’m just wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

Ok, let me investigate it this week, Ill post an update :)

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cecilmax Source code please?

Yes, I will post it soon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I updated the file, give it a try and let me know :)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello guys,

Please note: if you just add 1 line of overscan for the top, it will not show on screen, because the top screen does not start at the top limit of your tv or monitor. I suggest you start with 4-8 pixels of each sides and you play with each side to adjust as you wish :)

Hi @Cecilmax, have a chance to share your source?

User @Sogun suggested to add Screen Position / Palette per game to the mix.

Last edited by niuus,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Cecilmax, have a chance to share your source?

User @Sogun suggested to add Screen Position / Palette per game to the mix.

Hi, not yet, very busy but I will post my source by end of April, Im quite busy at home with renovations lol I will also take time to add screen position and palette per game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...