FBI Error 0xD8E08065

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Biff627, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Biff627
    OP

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    So this is probably the weirdest experience I've ever had with cia installs ever.

I recently had to do a ctr-transfer because my 3ds would not update to 11.8 at all. At this point it was just to fix the corruption so it could actually update the system properly. This resulted in my losing all of my tickets. I did the backup but only a few games actually stayed installed (My legit purchases).

So I installed all of the previous games that I had installed before the transfer and everything went smoothly. Games installed updates with no issues and everything was working fine! Until now!

I had 3 games/apps that would not update no matter what I did. Pokebank, Colors! 3D, and VVVVV. Trying to update from the homemenu resulted in the error 005-2008 and trying to install the update from the eshop resulted in 007-2920. Both of these seem to be connection issues, but no matter what wifi I was on, what internet settings I had set on the 3ds, and no matter what I did with homebrew would actually fix this issue.

I did some testing after running tiksweep and deleting pokebank and reinstalling it from the eshop (was originally from the eshop but just wouldnt update) resulted in it updating along with the download. The other 2 just would not update. I deleted VVVVV because I originally had it for an exploit ( I think? ) and colors! 3D still gave me issues no matter what.

Onto the new issue! I was told to just download the update that I needed, which I did. I got v1.1 of Colors 3D adn attempted to install it.
    Failed to install CIA file
    Result code: 0xD8E08065
    Level: Permanent (27)
    Module AM (32)
    Desc: Error type -1 (101)

This is all that I can remember that the error gave me yesterday. Something like this. After I got this error I decided to go back to my homemenu.... But to my surprise, Colors! 3D was uninstalled?!?!? It wasnt taking up the space. The ticket was still there though? Im just clueless at this point with what I can actually do to get it to install?

I was thinking about trying a different base cia, but I just cant find another v1.1 cia at all :/ that iso site is where I got it from. This has just been a roller coaster of issues that I've had to deal with.

PS- I was told that this could be a ticket issue since they have fake tickets, BUT! Minecraft has a fake ticket and updated without an issue yesterday as I was having this issue with other games not wanting to download updates.

(Sorry for the long post)

Edit- I can see that there are multiple thread about this now. After searching again for this code, but no solutions sadly... other than freeshop... and thats just asking for a ban if it even works...

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5uue0n/ticket_problems_with_gba_games/
    This post seems to say that the game folder and the save might be the cause of them not updating?
    "backup the TitleIDLow directory of the game I was playing somewhere else on the SD, delete the TitleIDLow folder for the game, install the game, then put the save file that was in there, back."
    or to just rename the nintendo folder and try to reinstall it? This is a crazy day..

Last edited by Biff627, Sep 21, 2018
  2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Your errors stem from failure to verify your tickets as legit.
    * Ignore my messing with the NIM part as you can induce those errors with fake tickets even if you have the latest 11.8 firmware NIM. Can't cheat Nintendo on this.

Explanation
    Certain games do not have separate, add-on updates or those with Title IDs in this format: 0004000E########.

These often small sized eShop titles and games are updated by fully re-installing over them (ie, Title IDs of 00040000000XXX00).

Unless someone has uploaded the latest version *.cia of those games at places like that title iso* site, you're out of luck with these.

If you're ever able to retrieve your Pokemon from Pokebank, switch over to PKSM.

tikSweep sucks. Use FBI to delete your tickets.
    In the Titles list , you can also use FBI to Delete Title And Ticket if you want to fully uninstall a game. This, however, does not remove recorded traces of that game in the Activity Log and HOME Menu icon cache. You need Cthulhu for this.

You can have a pirated copy of Minecraft and a legit update accompanying it. See explanation above.

freeshop and related CDN downloaders no longer work. Don't bother. Put that in the past behind you.

What that person did was reinstall his games and swapped back his encrypted 00000001.sav files to recovery those saves.

I told you this several times from your previous thread here:
    that this is what you would have to do if you couldn't or didn't have those saves backed up with Checkpoint or JKSM.

There are caveats with this method:
    • The movable.sed found in [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/private directory has to be the originally intact copy tied to your old Nintendo 3DS folder.
    • You need to use one of the save managers to backup and restore certain games with anti-cheat protection. This is to reset their "Secure Values" or else the games will automatically delete your saves.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Biff627
    OP

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Ok I read the rest. So anything that is digital only is a type 2 and a fake ticket will result in an update not working at all... hmmmm. Well looks like im gonna actually buy colors 3d since its gets used alot... ffs

Last edited by Biff627, Sep 21, 2018
  4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Not all digital only titles are "Type 2" as per @Ryccardo explanation.

Digital titles can be "Type 1" or have updates that are 0004000E########.

Your last three (ie, Pokebank, VVVVVV, and Colors! 3D) do fall in the "Type 2" category.