Favorite Slot-2 Solution for GBA Games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JimboGreen, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. JimboGreen
    OP

Newcomer JimboGreen Newbie

United States
    What is your favorite Slot-2 solution for storing and playing GBA games? Please provide specific features that really turn you on/off.

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    This would have been better as a Poll.

I like the EZFlash 3-in-1.

Pros for me
    Rumble
    RAM expansion
    GBA games
    DS Lite dust cover sized (fantastic for me)
    Save games to it, or just load it up until the DS is turned off
    Backup DS games/saves to my Slot-1
    Looks like the normal dust cover
    My Visual Boy Advance saves work fine on it
    It's awesome.

Cons for me
    No Micro SD slot
    'Burning' times rather slow
    Internal battery can die
    Pokemon games say 'The internal battery has died...' unless ROM is patched

Well, that's about it

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    The M3 Perfect. No slowdown in GBA games. Excellent compatibility with GBA games (I have yet to find a GBA game that didn't work). Includes the real time clock that some GBA games need to function. Has its own SD slot so you don't have to waste space on your slot1 cart's SD to store GBA games that a slot1 cart can't play natively anyway. Instead of only having one game at a time like on a 3in1, you can have hundreds at your fingertips with an M3 Perfect. Also plays NES, GG, Colecovision and a couple other legacy system ROMs. It can also serve as extra RAM for things like the DS Opera Browser and some emulators. The catch? Expensive and very hard to find as they are not made anymore, but worth every penny if you can find one.

Avoid Supercard slot2's for playing GBA games. Slowdown in many games and not the greatest compatibility really sucks. That lameness should have been fixed long ago, but they've done nothing to correct it. While there are still updates for the Supercard slot2's, it's only for DS gaming and they update NOTHING for GBA games that still don't work. My first flashcart was a Supercard slot2 and I felt burned by those slowdowns. That's when I decided to stop being cheap and just buy the BEST carts for my DS.

There is an EZFlash slot2 that is good also. I've never seen or used one, but people say it's a good choice for slot2.

Sure, you can buy a cheapo 3in1 or some other cheap slot2 alternative, but with all the money you will save by not having to buy games anymore, you may as well go with the BEST carts you can get. They will pay for themselves very quickly. That's why my DSlite is outfitted with a CycloDS and an M3 Perfect. It's the ultimate combo for having an all-in-one "pocket arcade". I have over 500 games between DS, GBA and various legacy emu's in one tight little package. (One day, I should actually count exactly how many games there are in my "pocket arcade". I think it's closer to 600 now.) Think how much cash would have been spent had I bought all those games.

But, after everything I just said, you'll probably go buy a 3in1 anyway, so whatever. [​IMG]

4. JimboGreen
    OP

Newcomer JimboGreen Newbie

United States
    "But, after everything I just said, you'll probably go buy a 3in1 anyway, so whatever."

Woah, where the hell did that come from? I'm a guy of quality myself, so I'll usually make an effort to get the best thing that I possibly can (no matter what it is). I do appreciate the suggestions by everyone that responded (all two of you hehe), and will look a little further into both the M3 and the 3in1 solutions (though I'll probably just end up picking the M3Perfect anyway, so whatever).

5. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States