• Total voters

xdredskater0x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a while now my Wii has never played Zelda Twilight Princess at first. I had to eject it, and push it back in for at least 10 times. At first I thought it was something wrong with my Wii, until I flipped the disc over and realised that there was a huge scratch on it. I kept on playing it for a few weeks after discovering the huge gash on it, (always doing the same process to load it). Then I found my old gamecube game, Zelda Collectors Edition, (I'm a die hard Zelda fan), with dust stuck to the surface and with scratches all over it. So I cleaned the dust off with a tiny amount of alcohol, then it worked, but I had to do the process to load it as I did with Twilight Princess. But I figured that it made sense considering the scratches. So after I beat Ocarina of Time on the Collectors Edition, I bought Super Paper Mario. It was brand new. Absolutely no scratches on it whatsoever. I put it in and guess what? I had to do the same loading process as Twilight Princess and the Collectors Edition. That totally made no sense at all. But at least it worked. I beat that, decided to put Wii Sports in, and I had to do the same thing with that!!!! There was nothing wrong with it! Over time it grew from 10 times to eject it, to about 30 times, and now its actually RARE(!!!) for my Wii to play any discs. As for now I'm stuck playing homebrew and VC games. (Mainly Dr. Mario) So can anyone give suggestions or advice? And do the poll. Thank you a lot.

Veloxi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure what it is... in fact, I have the same problem. I've only noticed it with scratched discs, but it's probably due to the shit drive's they put in the Wii. I put a disc in and it goes click, click, click, click, click, boom. Disc read error.

It sounds like the drive spins up, spins down, spins up, spins down, spins up, spins down, then finally gives up and says oops sorry I'm a piece of poopie, please buy another Wii.

Oh well... I doubt it's a fuse. Probably just the drive.

xdredskater0x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veloxi said:
I'm not sure what it is... in fact, I have the same problem. I've only noticed it with scratched discs, but it's probably due to the shit drive's they put in the Wii. I put a disc in and it goes click, click, click, click, click, boom. Disc read error.

It sounds like the drive spins up, spins down, spins up, spins down, spins up, spins down, then finally gives up and says oops sorry I'm a piece of poopie, please buy another Wii.

Oh well... I doubt it's a fuse. Probably just the drive.
exactly it sounds like the laser goes up and down a few times then says error. can u buy a new drive?

Veloxi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, you can buy a new drive. I think I've seen them anywhere from $114 - $169. $114 being a drive with no chip, and $169 being a pre-modded drive. Either way... I'm keeping my semi-faulty drive until it really starts busting my chops.

xdredskater0x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veloxi said:
Yeah, you can buy a new drive. I think I've seen them anywhere from $114 - $169. $114 being a drive with no chip, and $169 being a pre-modded drive. Either way... I'm keeping my semi-faulty drive until it really starts busting my chops.
alright cool ill look into that cuz its most definitly busting mine but i have one question. i have a d2c drive now so do i have to buy another d2c or can it be any kind?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?