Fatsort question - G6 and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jr9770, Mar 5, 2007.

Mar 5, 2007
  1. jr9770
    OP

Newcomer jr9770 Member

United States
    Hello,

Does Fatsort not work with Windows Vista? I have a G6 Lite (English version) running 4.6D of the loader software and 4.6c firmware. When I run Fatsort version 1.0.5 beta it says:

Access is denied.

Drive is sorted (time in core: 48ms)
    Access is denied.

Then loading up my G6 still shows all the DS roms out of order. They are displaying in the proper alphabetical order when viewing the G6 in Windows Explorer. I have given admin rights to Fatsort thinking that would help but it didn't seem to. Until the G6 team finally releases a newer firmware for the english version I'm forced to try and use fartsort to sort the roms, but obviously haven't been able to since switching to Vista.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Jeff

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    make sure you rename all your NDS ROM to ABC Alphabet form not with the rom number and ECT...

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    So are you claiming that numbers are not included in the base ASCII character set?

4. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Well I have read numerous of threads on this Problem on maxconsole.com in no one havn't been able to figure out what is the problem. I have said numerous of time put the G6 Game Manager in XP Compatibility mode in that doesn't seems to help, but what the heck anyway...Oh yeah I have had this problem in GBA MODE when all the games are not in alphabetical order I had to switch my ICON and START-UP menu option in the GBA MENU to do this acess your GBA GAME MENU from your G6 and Click on the GREEN ICON in the top RIGHT CORNER in change your setting...

5. jr9770
    OP

Newcomer jr9770 Member

United States
    Thanks for the advice. I actually do have my NDS roms in numerical order. I didn't fight with it too long. I just installed Fatsort on my girlfriend's XP laptop and sorted my G6 there. It worked fine. It just didn't like Vista I guess.