Hacking [FatFS] Error: NOFAT Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13). Make sure that a FAT partition exists

link2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the same thing happened to you, but I solved the problem by installing Android, after I installed the Android system right away the Nintendo Switch was correctly reading the SD card reader and I could restore it .. Good luck ...

link2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install this pack format sd (fat32) system right away the Nintendo Switch was correctly reading the SD card reader and I could restore it .. Good luck ...

Attachments

• fatfs error fix.rar
    7.6 MB · Views: 555
Last edited by link2k,

ethar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had the same problem with "Error: NOFAT Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13). Make sure that a FAT partition exists" - Use MiniTool Partitio Wizard Proffesional and format card Primary partition non Logical!

Zalmoxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
first of all i want to thank you guys for the support about this theme.
i've had the same issue, when i tried to install android on my sd card and flashed on the sd card that i was using for switch stuff, so when i tried to get back i've got this error.

my solution was:
1. try to clea the sd card, removing all partitions. using diskpart and the disk management from windows.
on diskpart i've used the following commands:
WINKEY->CMD->diskpart
list disk -> to list disks
select disk 1 -> in case, the number of my sd driver
list partitions -> to list partitions on the drive. your objective is delete all partitions. if you got some error here, try by windows drive management

when you don't have any partitions on your drive, type the most important commands to make the magic happen:
clean -> clears any residue or partition / disk configuration
convert mdb - it will convert your drive in some kind of mdb format and this will make it works on switch

now you can close the prompt, format your unir using guiformat (a tool to format in fat32), and voila. sd card readable again.

that worked with me, and i expect this can help you too.

• Love
Reactions: NotEric

RuThaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had same problem, i had to use Minitool partition manager, before i used R-Drive image for SD card cloning and Disk Genius for partition resize and it wasnt enough. Im using exFat.

Amingo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same problem with "Error: NOFAT Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13). Make sure that a FAT partition exists" - Use MiniTool Partitio Wizard Proffesional and format card Primary partition non Logical!

This helped me. I used EASUS Partition Master but the trick was to choose a Primary Partition with FAT32!

xeph20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!

I searched for hours and tried so much and had so many frustrations... i just had to convert to primary partition.... it was indeed logical drive....

RogerCarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using Guiformat I found that for my 1TB card to be recognized correctly in Hekate and not have this error, the allocation unit size has to be 65536.

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_144109_419.jpg
    IMG_20220731_144109_419.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I download very few songs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, that maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch...