Ö!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a good question, cause im not sure and I can't find this anywhere on Google or anything. But which format will hold more data and is it possible to compress my micro-sd card. I have alot of stuff I want to cram onto it and I dont care how long it loads, since it'll be slower if its compressed.

I've already fit a good bit on my 1GB its pretty full I have a full movie (Austin Powers Goldmember
biggrin.gif
) and about 24 games. Plus some mp3 and what not. So which is the way to go FAT or FAT32. Im using FAT currently. Thanks.
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 will waste less data in big allocation units, but unless you have a large number of files (as in thousands) on the memory card it's not going to make a huge difference. At most you will save an average of 32kB per file, but probably a lot less.

Also, you might run into compatibility issues depending on the flash cart you are using it in.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NDS games cannot run if they are compressed, but GBA games can, since they have to be copied to RAM first anyway. I don't know much about the EZ carts, but the on the G6 you can compress GBA roms, and they take about 4 times as long to load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked