Hacking FAT ERROR

Gharakh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got this for the first time a few days ago and was pretty worried.. after restarting the DS it came back, all I did was turn off my DS, eject the AK2, eject the microSD, then plug it all back in.. no problems since then.

No clue what is causing the problem, but I'm getting closer to buying a cycloDS evo to use in case the ak2 dies on me

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sent an Acekard2 back to r4dusa.com after getting the FAT ERROR once... figured i aint gonna wait for it to happen again. (It was only a few months old). From all the posts ive read, it seems like a solder joint issue, bad quality control, anyhoo, the guy was apparently aware (although he made no direct mention of it), but when asked if the "bad batch" was past, responded yes and to send it back with the RMA form... we'll see in a few months if i get another dud :P

So far it's the only card ive had problems with out of several ive bought in the last few months (not several Acekard2)

R4DS-III, no issues (In my 3yo's)
Edge, no issues (Wife's DS)
Acekard RPG, no issues (My DS, too complicated for them they said :P)
only the Acekard2 so far (Daughter's DS)

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blah. Mine just died completely now, hard freeze at the warning screen. Sending it back tomorrow... It's a shame too, I just got my new 8 gig card and I can't use it
frown.gif

ozzymud: it says it on the card sticker. There's another thread about it around someplace.

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is happening to me now too... nothing above helped.

Bought it from http://www.supercardnds.com/, but according to their policies "Product is returnable and exchangeable if it is reported defective 3 days upon receipt of the parcel." It's been a month.

Am I boned?
frown.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should contact them to find out, but the Acekard has a 1 year warranty I believe. They should be aware of the FAT error and the fact that it doesn't always appear right away. If they stand behind their products, they should allow you to exchange it. If they don't, make sure to tell them that you'll just order from dealextreme.com (it's a lot cheaper anyway) or leetmod.com next time.

-Bri

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The place I ordered my AK2 from has a similar one week policy, but they took it back no problem. Just send an email explaining it. Anybody who has been selling AK2's for a while should be well aware of the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol