FAT ERROR after formatting

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Martauchowska, Jul 8, 2012.

Jul 8, 2012
  1. Martauchowska
    OP

Newcomer Martauchowska Member

Poland
    Hi everyone... I have a problem with my Acekard. I recently updated my akaio to 1.8.9 to make Pokemon Conquest work. I downloaded a new loader, too. Everything was great until I tried to play my Pokemon Black rom. The screen was black, displaying "FAT ERROR". I switched Bypass-AntiPiracy off and everything worked brilliantly. Until today. I wanted to download a birthday Togekiss onto my game, so I tapped the Pokemon Black icon. And, suddenly, out of nowhere, FAT ERROR. I tried changing the settings, formatting the card with Panasonic program you were linking in simillar topics, NOTHING WORKED. It;s still FAT ERROR, but now any game don't work. Please help me, I'm hopeless now and I don't want to lost my saves!

Maybe the thing is hidden in this tiny little fact... After formatting the card with Panasonic formater, I wanted to upload my games and akaio onto the card, but windows showed the screen "the card is not formatted", so I formatted it once again, with Windows... May this be the cause?

And sorry for my English, I'm from Poland.

EDIT: Okay, I tried to play other games and they work... But when I try to play Pokemon Black or Pokemon Conquest FAT ERROR comes to live. Any idea...?

2. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    It sounds like sd card hardware failure to be honest.

3. Martauchowska
    OP

Poland
    But the rest of games work... It can still be the problem with the card then? Maybe changing the settings will help?

EDIT: Okay, now it's infinitive LOADING screen when I try to play Black and FAT ERROR on Conquest...

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    any rom over 128MB requires 16k clusters as per the AP code of AKAIO.

if i recall correctly those roms fit the profile?

-another world

1 person likes this.
  5. Martauchowska
    OP

Poland
    Uhh, what does "clusters" mean? Or the AP code? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie here... I have my Acekard for almost two years, but I've never had problems with it before...

6. Another World

Colombia
    perfect time to do some reading then.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO

-another world

1 person likes this.
  7. Martauchowska
    OP

Poland
    Both ROMs weight 262 144 KBs. I read everything on the page you've provided and I'm still dumb. :/
    From what I've read, formatting the card will make bigger ROMs work... But it didn't.. Ehh, sorry for being so stupid, but English is not my main language and I sincerely have no idea what to do. :(

8. Another World

Colombia
    in another thread someone mentioned that pokemon black 2 wasn't working. they reformatted with the panasonic sd formatter and now it works. give that a try.

[ft]panasonic sd formatter[/ft]

-another world

9. tysonrss

Banned tysonrss Banned

United States
    This happens for me every once in awhile with Akaio as well. Sometimes taking the card out and reinserting does the trick. However, recently, my SD cheap card reader made my sd card display the FAT error every time I booted it up and I had no choice but to format the whole card, furthermore, the sd card reader died.

I suggest yo get a new card reader before both things die instantly, or get a new sd card altogether. We don't want no boo whoin, and believe me I know. It's not a pretty sight when that shit happens.

10. Martauchowska
    OP

Poland
    Okay, formatted the card once again with Panasonic formatter which I found in one of the other topics here. When I want to install anything onto the card, Windows keep saying "the disk is not formatted", okay wtf?
    I can't do anything to the card without formatting it once again with Windows.

11. Another World

Colombia
    windows will not format a sd card to the sd specifications, which could be why you are having issues with it and that rom. try a 2nd reader and see if that helps. you should be able to pick one up for a few bucks.

-another world

12. Martauchowska
    OP

Poland
    Okay, let's specify: reader as a plastic card that I put my microSD card in it or reader as a usb device to put regular SD cards into? If you mean the second one, I can try to put the card directly into my mum's laptop with card reader.

13. Another World

Colombia
    a reader is just a generic term we use for the device that is the middle man between the pc and the micro sd card. if you have an sd-to-micro sd adapter then by all means try that on the laptop.

-another world

14. tysonrss

Banned tysonrss Banned

United States
    Yes, the card reader has to be micro sdhc compatible in order for it to even be read.

15. Martauchowska
    OP

Poland
    I used my mum's laptop to install akaio onto the freshly formatted card and then, using my computer, I put all the games and saves inside... AND IT WORKS! THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!!!

16. tysonrss

Banned tysonrss Banned

United States
    No problem.