Faster way to download games than freeshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by selbyftw, Sep 3, 2016.

1. selbyftw
    OP

selbyftw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    Was just wondering is there a faster way to download the games than freeshop?
    I'm on luma3ds and arm9 loaderhax cfw. I have a 100mbs down connection but freeshop and installing cia via fbi only downloads at 700kbs. Any websites where you can download the iso/rom/cia and just drop it straight onto the sd card or anything else apart from that? If so someone point me in the right direction please

Many thanks

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Google search "that iso site".

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Download from Mega on a warez forum.

4. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    freeShop puts the 3ds's wifi card into his limits, it is faster than "download from PC + install" anyways.

asnka likes this.
  5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nope, tbh the limitations of the install speed of cia files means that even if you downloaded a cia elswhere once you to to install it you end up waiting just as long, unless you happen to be using sky3ds or gateway and can use .3ds files.....but even then finding decent download sites with any game you want would probably be hard

Hanafuda and yuyuyup like this.
  6. xyxa

xyxa Dokoro

Aug 24, 2016
    Somalia
    @selbyftw Your question was already answered in the 'Noob Paradise' thread.

You must also realize that the 3DS is limited in its wireless abilities, and you will be bottlenecked by it.

7. selbyftw
    OP

selbyftw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    I did try that but can't seem to get it to work at all, is there a guide for it anywhere?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok I know the one, what format to the game files come there and how are they installed? Drag on drop onto root or another way?

8. xyxa

xyxa Dokoro

Aug 24, 2016
    Somalia
    -snip-

Last edited by xyxa, Sep 3, 2016
  9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Look for the .cia files and you install them with FBI. Just drag them onto your SD card.

10. xyxa

xyxa Dokoro

Aug 24, 2016
    Somalia
    You need an enctitlekeys.bin in the MyTitleKeys folder.

11. selbyftw
    OP

selbyftw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    Ok Done that and restarted it, it came up something about 'some titles keys are missing but then a game list came up. Do I just find a game then click 'create cia' and drag and drop that to sd card?

12. xyxa

xyxa Dokoro

Aug 24, 2016
    Somalia
    Yes, and install them with FBI as KunoichiZ said.

13. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    You should use SOON!2 it's really fast, I think it's the fastest

slslasher and xyxa like this.
  14. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Google "That Iso site"
    Install CIAs using either FBI or Devmenu
    Basically a fast method.

15. selbyftw
    OP

selbyftw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    Thanks. I've been downloading from that iso sight and thats alot faster but when it comes to installing the games via fbi it's still painfully slow esp if the file is 1.5+gb. Doesn't help that I'm using the stock sd card that came with the console I guess. Do you know if any other cia installers are faster or are they all about the same?

16. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Don't use that iso site, the dumps are imperfect and the site owners profit off piracy (which is wrong af, way wronger than piracy itself imo).

The SD that comes with the 3ds is class 4, upgrading to class 10 should speed things up somewhat, including when using FreeShop.

asnka, Quantumcat and Seriel like this.
  17. selbyftw
    OP

selbyftw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    I will upgrade the sd card very soon, hopefully it's just a case of making an exact copy of the one if have now to it.
    Which method would you recommend to download the cia files faster or should I just grit my teeth and bare it with 700kbs at freeshop?

I did try the 3sestuff program but installing the cia via fbi over wifi was even slower again I think

18. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    You probably will get faster than 700 kb/s on freeshop, unless that's your internet speed. I'd have to guess that the SD is the bottleneck there.

You can always try CIAngel, it might be faster than freeshop.

FBI network install is painfully slow, yeah. If you're going to use 3DesStuff you probably want to copy the generated CIA to a SD card first

19. selbyftw
    OP

selbyftw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2016
    I have 100mbs down so I have no idea why freeshop is only going at 700kbs thought maybe thats how fast the card in the ds can go.

Oh I didn't know once you created the cia file you can copy it to sd rather that do it over wifi, I did check the cias folder after i'd downloader a game but couldn't find it.

20. orochi115

orochi115 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    "Hi Ninty, you must increase your network bandwidth for me to rob faster."