Faster torrents?????

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by UnseenHero, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2009

Faster torrents????? by UnseenHero at 5:12 AM (3,070 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    ok i dont know if this is the best spot put ill put this topic here.
    I just finsihed getting the backup loader and then i got a IOS to play...but i found out it was a bit torrent. So now i have utorrent and it looks like its gonna take a week to finish restoring itself to its orginal IOS file.

My question is....Is there a faster way to get these files done downloading to there original IOS file

Thanks in advance also if you need help understanding things i typed to be afraid to say for me to re-write

2. UnFallen

Member UnFallen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Make sure that you always download torrents with a lot of seeders that could be one of the problems.

3. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    well im downloading 2 games PES 2008 with 4seeders and like 30% left (i started 3 days ago)
    and Brawl with 20seeders and only 30% (started 3 days ago) so i think this something wrong:/

4. striderx

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't be surprised if bans are handed out when the mods discover this thread.

Torrent advice is one thing. Torrent advice explictly related to downloading is game ISO is surely ban material.

Good luck with this one gentlemen...

5. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    They shouldn't get banned or I don't think they will as long as they don't post links.

6. UnFallen

Member UnFallen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are they PAL or NTSC ISOs??

7. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    im not posting any links just asking fi theres fast way to gets my torrents downloaded faster

8. DarkLG

United States
    Um not that I know off I'm sure their are applications to speed it up but I don't think they work just download the ones that have more seeders then leechers.

9. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    im not posting any links just asking fi theres fast way to gets my torrents downloaded faster

10. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Protip: If you have a lot of seeder connections, then try limiting your global maximum connections. It will give you less seeders but it will also improve their throughput.
    Also, you can limit your uploads but try not to limit them to nothing as that slows your download.
    One last thing: Make sure it is port forwarded correctly. If it's not then you will see a little yellow yield sign at the bottom of utorrent. If so then either port it manually with your router's configuration page or enable uPnp in the preferences of utorrent.

@striderx: This is a site indirectly related to piracy. As long as there are no links given there will usually be no bans given. The mods aren't that strict, they be cool dudes.

11. DarkLG

United States
    ya what he said as long as you don't post dl links .

12. yoitsme

Newcomer yoitsme Advanced Member

United States
    Private torrent sites FTW.

13. DarkLG

United States
    lol yes they are [​IMG]

14. Sefi

Member Sefi GBAtemp Fan

You have two options: Deal with it, or find a new source. Usenet and private trackers are your best bet. Usenet may or may not cost you money depending on your ISP, you'll have to look into that yourself but it's very fast. I'm afraid I can't tell you more with the trackers specifically, but if you search enough you'll stumble onto one private tracker and thus into a bunch of others soon after.

15. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    sorry for double post something screwed up and i am using NTSC
    i heard that american wiis can only use NTSC so that why im using it and thakns for the "prohint" and it has a green check hope thats means a-ok:P

edit: lol im soooo computer stupid that i have to do this without search i guess but if it takes too lojng ill try to find out about private servers and things liek that:P

16. Ethanx94

United States
    Yup green means good.
    Most of the newer loaders will actually let you use Pal games on an Ntsc Wii and Ntsc games on a Pal Wii.
    Some do it automatically, if not then you have to enable force region in the loader's options.
    I've never had to force but I use component cables so I'm not sure if that matters or not.
    Good luck.

17. UnseenHero
    OP

Canada
    are pal games faster to download if so then i guess ill try one out and see if it works but i need reasurance that it is faster than NTSC

18. Ethanx94

United States
    They're all the same size but when people scrub them it allows it to become compressed further and make a smaller rar size.
    So if your trying to choose between a unscrubbed NTSC game or a scrubbed PAL game I suggest you go with scrubbed.

Scrubbing games can sometimes drastically reduce an iso's compressed file size.
    When every game starts out it is about 4.7GB.
    Now nintendo puts random junk data at the end of the game so it will push the burn to the edge of the disc.
    A scrubbed game replaces the junk data with zeros which make it easier on compression.
    Once you unrar the game it goes back to 4.7GB so make sure you have enough hard drive space.
    The most scrubbed game I've ever seen was Wii Music which totaled at around 500MB.

19. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    There's a bunch of "speed up your utorrent 1.8.2!!!111!!1lolsubscribeme" videos on YouTube. A lot of them tell you to do the same thing and check/uncheck the same options so just watch one and move on. Helped me.

20. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    fuck torrents use usenet it's the ONLY fast way to download stuff. i absolutely love downloading at 1300kb (13mb) a/sec that's my connections max speed [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.