Status
Not open for further replies.

mahern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget about using torrents when downloading video games. For some reason they take much longer than movies and music(from what I've heard...
rolleyes.gif
) . The best solution I've found is to download it directly from Megaupload(or Rapidshare if you have an account).

Sites like *removed* are useful and offer links. Speeds are often up to 10x faster when you use Megaupload compared to torrents.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
except you have to pay to use them usenet is free. most isps these days offer free news services like mine. all it costs is your bandwidth
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Torrents are practically no go unless you want them totally free, willing to wait a few days or you can get on a few private sites.

On private I can get a Wii game within half an hour, which is great but it does require me to seed 50% on the download back.

mahern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the best Usenet site and client for Wii?.... I always thought Usenet was a pay service

Thanks

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
striderx said:
Don't be surprised if bans are handed out when the mods discover this thread.

Torrent advice is one thing. Torrent advice explictly related to downloading is game ISO is surely ban material.

Good luck with this one gentlemen...
ROFL STFU man, you sure are one of those people who were banned once for flaming too loud for no reason. Now you just wish it would happen to someone else. No one was ever banned for a 1st offense, worse case scenario; this topic gets lock!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mahern4 said:
Whats the best Usenet site and client for Wii?.... I always thought Usenet was a pay service

Thanks

nonsense check with your isp to see if they offer a news service than go to a NZB site, download an nzb and use a program like altbinz to download! and nothing is faster than usenet it'll only be slow if your connection max speed is
tongue.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(striderx @ Jul 20 2009, 02:42 PM) Don't be surprised if bans are handed out when the mods discover this thread.

Torrent advice is one thing. Torrent advice explictly related to downloading is game ISO is surely ban material.

Good luck with this one gentlemen...
a mod posted in this thread
rofl2.gif

UnFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
are pal games faster to download if so then i guess ill try one out and see if it works but i need reasurance that it is faster than NTSC
Yah PAL games have tons more seeders most of the time.
Also does anyone know if you use play a back-up PAL game on a NTSC-U Wii of you use the NTSC-U region of the game does it use the PAL save or make a new one???

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
1) What has this Topic to do with "Emulation"? Definitely the wrong section...
2) Torrents are stupid
3) Use UseNext, or if you want it free jDownloader

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks guys you helped alot im gonna try most of these solutions
and to answer Blue-K i didnt know where else to post this:)
ill try simple stuff first then ill get into private servers and using usenet?(i will have to find otu what that is:) )

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
Torrents are practically no go unless you want them totally free, willing to wait a few days or you can get on a few private sites.

On private I can get a Wii game within half an hour, which is great but it does require me to seed 50% on the download back.

i wanna try private and get one that fast but what do u mean about seed part?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Hadrian said:

i wanna try private and get one that fast but what do u mean about seed part?
Seed = upload. You share what you have back to the community.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
usenet is the way to go for all your download needs. I can get up to 2.2MBs if I'm lucky on my home network but its usually from 7Mbps-1.2MBs.
On faster networks(university) its from 2.2MBs-4.4MBs

opium2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
UnseenHero said:
guys how do u seed on utorrent do u just leave it there?

yup. it says on the bottom right how fast your currently uploading and the total amount uploaded for that session. also, you can throttle your upload speed in the options.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additionally you have to forward a port, if you're using a router to access the net. That way more seeders can enter. Also, if the downloaders are only uploading a certain % then it will always be small.

Wynd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: