Hacking FAQ about 3ds system update 11.3

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DONT use the updater. use the latest stable, which is version 6.6, which i linked in the OP
What? But then how do I install it? and like I said I did all the cfw process in january and they say the update is from november so I'm almost sure I have 6.6. Why can't I use the updater? Will I have to do the whole process again??

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is wrong with the updater?
Nothing, it just installs nightlies that are buggy in comparison to the stable releases on the Git. More often than not it just causes more unnecessary threads because people don't know how to troubleshoot said bugs. Especially when it comes to noobs, using hourlies of ANYTHING when there are stable releases is just asking for issues.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? But then how do I install it? and like I said I did all the cfw process in january and they say the update is from november so I'm almost sure I have 6.6. Why can't I use the updater? Will I have to do the whole process again??
lmao dont be worried, your fine.
if you have 6.6, then your fine as it is

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No just go to the release page and download the zip then replace your arm9loaderhax.bin. You can always check your Luma version in the config screen by holding select on boot. If you already have v6.6 you don't need the latest hourly. Period. You're fine with that.

:ph34r:

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lmao dont be worried, your fine.
if you have 6.6, then your fine as it is
But I'm not sure and I want to be sure! hehe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No just go to the release page and download the zip then replace your arm9loaderhax.bin. You can always check your Luma version in the config screen by holding select on boot. If you already have v6.6 you don't need the latest hourly. Period. You're fine with that.

:ph34r:
thanks! Just went to the config screen and I have 6.6 but how do I exit the screen now? :P

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Luma updater should give you the choice between latest stable or nightlies just use the latest stable.

Edit: nvm your good since your on 6.6

Last edited by Infidel,

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I'm not sure and I want to be sure! hehe

thanks! Just went to the config screen and I have 6.6 but how do I exit the screen now? :P
press start to save, or just reboot

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Luma updater should give you the choice between latest stable or nightlies just use the latest stable.
it does, but its way less confusing to just download from the offical git. it would only be a need if you didnt have a computer/android on hand

Pressing the power is not shutting the screen down. and I'm afraid of having double clicked and maybe marked an option during the select process so I don't want to save :P
press and hold?

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it does, but its way less confusing to just download from the offical git. it would only be a need if you didnt have a computer/android on hand

press and hold?
Well, I holded it. It still didn't shut down but after a delay of like 3 seconds without pressing it turned off. thanks very much for your help, man!

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I holded it. It still didn't shut down but after a delay of like 3 seconds without pressing it turned off. thanks very much for your help, man!
and dont worry about if you ticked something, as luma is litterally the "noob-proof" cfw.

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.3 does it add anything worthwhile or just more anti-piracy. It's in the patch notes but I guess people ask this
just patches for antipiracy, nothing worthwhile.
other then they stopped hardmods and our dsidowngrades. R.I.P @vb_encryption_vb for nintendo stripping him of a good source of income :(

Reactions: netovsk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative