• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,502
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted_171835

OP
QUOTE said:
When I heard the first song from Sonic the Hedgehog 4...I wanted to cry. This music, in my opinion, isn't very good at all. The only thing that sounds old-school is that one drum beat in the background. Even without the old-school flare, this song is just boring to me! Thankfully, another Sonic fan out there agrees. Better yet, he did a 16-bit remix of this track, and turned it into something that puts a huge smile on my face.
QUOTE said:
Original

Fan Made Version

I like the fan-made version much more than Sega's version. I shouldn't complain, though. At least Sega didn't destroy the gameplay in this game based on what I've seen about it like they did with all the other Sonic games.

Source: GoNintendo

D

Deleted User

OP
The fan-made one sounds much better than the original. I agree with the comment on the gameplay though, but if that's the music of the game I'll have to mute it in the options menu, which will hopefully be possible.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
The fan-made one sounds much better than the original. I agree with the comment on the gameplay though, but if that's the music of the game I'll have to mute it in the options menu, which will hopefully be possible.
Or you can mute your TV.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Slyakin said:
Takeshi said:
Or you can mute your TV.
Sound effects will be gone too. :[

D

Deleted User

OP
SoulSnatcher said:
Slyakin said:
Takeshi said:
Or you can mute your TV.
Yes, playing without sound effects would really suck. It's released on XBLA isn't it? If it is, I can download a trial and check it out before I buy it.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
They sound extremely similar in terms of instruments. I don't see why everyone has to make a big fuss about it. It's not supposed to be so retro that they have to use sound tracks based off of the 16-bit sounds. In my opinion, they both sound good, and whatever else is in the game will be what it is, not what the fans want it to be.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
We MUST hack the game to put fan music! But, wait, is channel format right?
tongue.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Takeshi said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Slyakin said:
Takeshi said:
Or you can mute your TV.
Yes, playing without sound effects would really suck. It's released on XBLA isn't it? If it is, I can download a trial and check it out before I buy it.
BTW, most (if not all) Xbox 360 games have a custom soundtrack feature. So if you don't like the default music, load up the Xbox Guide and play mp3s of the 16-bit songs.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genesis style chiptunes for the win.
The overall music itself, not very sonic like.
Maybe more Ristar ish but not even that good.
More like cruddy Sonic Advance music all over again.
Good enough to play a game with but not fun or invigorating like the genesis games.
Really sounds more Pokemon ish than Sonic ish.
Though it'll fit the level design. Knowing DIMPS they probably still think its a good idea to put walls and endless pits right after a blind jump.
dry.gif
(not to mention blind jumps to small floating platforms over an insta death pit after a long smooth run just to piss everyone off I mean its a sonic game isnt it? Why do they think thats good design
wacko.gif
)

Kudos to the guy that made this better version of a sadly oddly placed song.
grog.gif

Sounds tons better with genesis sounds ofcourse. (dunno why they don't just go 16-bit and save themselves the effort, could probably focus more on the horrid level design {compared to classic sonic games} )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1