Famous leaker, Midori, is stepping away from leaking games

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Odd reasoning to stop doing so IMO. What exactly does he mean by "conspiracies"? Is he referring to the speculation that occurs after every leak? Isn't that part and parcel of the whole thing?

I'm more inclined to believe that the reason is due to companies closing in on either him or the sources he had been talking to.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Odd reasoning to stop doing so IMO. What exactly does he mean by "conspiracies"? Is he referring to the speculation that occurs after every leak? Isn't that part and parcel of the whole thing?

I'm more inclined to believe that the reason is due to companies closing in on either him or the sources he had been talking to.
I assume the exact meaning of 'conspiracies' is a little lost in translation but as for the real reason, yeah, you're probably right.

Reactions: Lumpofcoal

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

I saw this news on a gaming website but briefly reading thru the thread I found that she was getting doxed in another forum and that they found the discord server where she was getting the info.

Now what I found strange is that this started happening when she started leaking Nintendo and other companies' info. She used to only leak ATLUS and SEGA stuff before.

But also there are many rumors surrounding that account like that she is actually a SEGA employee or a industry plant but she has denied both.

*Everyone refers at that account as a 'SHE' on twitter so thats why I used it.

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,
Reactions: Lumpofcoal

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I saw this news on a gaming website but briefly reading thru the thread I found that she was getting doxed in another forum and that they found the discord server where she was getting the info.

Now what I found strange is that this started happening when she started leaking Nintendo and other companies' info. She used to only leak ATLUS and SEGA stuff before.

But also there are many rumors surrounding that account like that she is actually a SEGA employee or a industry plant but she has denied both.

*Everyone refers at that account as a 'SHE' on twitter so thats why I use the it.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. My bad for getting the person's gender wrong.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
Doing that sort of thing is risky as hell and a lot of steps would need to be put in place so you don't leave any breadcrumbs..

taking the game and ripping it leaves a breadcrumb
file uploading gives away data, location, device, time and CCTV can detect person around that time

so overall its not worth the risk

DragonMals

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Trophies
Country
United States
PLEASE. THANK GOODNESS!

I hate leakers, and it's always best to be safe than to continue doing it.

• Angry
Reactions: Jayro

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that sucks. It was nice to at least hear SOMETHING about Persona 6 instead of silence. Constantly hinting at announcing it only to back out at the last second is getting pretty annoying from Atlus.

DragonMals

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Trophies
Country
United States
Okay. I have read what's going on with why he's stopped working on leaking, but...

I'm still confused. Who is this MysticDance person, who are they known for, and what's the drama surrounding this dude? I'm also seeing two other people with a Penny from Wario Ware looking profile picture and somebody else that are related but wjl are they???? Can someone tell me what's going on with this whole drama?????

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Never heard of that person until now, not sure how to feel about this.
Not saying I don't care but... Yeah maybe I don't feel concerned, but this could probably get blown out of proportions if more internet coverage is done.
Some people love tracking down other people to dox them online for the sake of it, and admitting there is truth to some of the rumoured information will only give more power to anyone wanting to dig deeper eager to expose even more private information.
I would strongly recommend anyone in a similar situation to keep a very low profile for the time being, especially when legal repercussions could be involved due to leaking things ahead of time, assuming no one could get caught in the first place.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Greetings, Gentlemen