Gaming Fake SDHC cards?

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
typically the hicap sd cards aren't fake....it's been the flashcards that people have had problems with.

Don't always listen to your friends.....sounds like they don't know what they are talking about. I've spent probably $2200 on stuff from dealextreme over the years and haven't received ANYTHING fake yet!

Martiin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
typically the hicap sd cards aren't fake....it's been the flashcards that people have had problems with.

Don't always listen to your friends.....sounds like they don't know what they are talking about. I've spent probably $2200 on stuff from dealextreme over the years and haven't received ANYTHING fake yet!
ohhh
so HiCap SD cards can''t be fake, my friend was just talking about a fake DSTT he got

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, the are a lot of fake memory sticks and stuff on ebay, basically they report they are 4, 8, 16 or 32 gb to the OS when actually they only contain 1gb or less of flash memory chips. at first they work fine but if you go over that limit as soon as you remove the memory stick and plug it back in the data you put on it is kapoot. similar fakes could exist in SD/microSD format....

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sure do and not just from far east suppliers I ordered 5 x 8gb SD cards and all were fake (from a UK supplier) Just 1GB got my money refunded straight away, I always put sd cards into my computer with Panasonics SD Formatter running, it tells you straight away what the capacity is rather than letting windows lie to you.

Anyone who buys a memory card or stick from anywhere should always test it before ordering more, leaving feedback etc

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never gotten a fake micro sd card from dx. Take the chance, you'll be glad you took it.
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
syst3merror said:
I've spent probably $2200 on stuff from dealextreme over the years and haven't received ANYTHING fake yet!

you must be joking mate, half of the stuff on that website is a cheap knockoff of some sort, they are HONG KONG sellers they are the king of knock offs, also their memory stick pro duos are fake, so i wouldn't trust them with memory cards of any sort, just buy from respected retailers instead, at least then you know what you are getting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-