Fake SDHC cards?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Martiin, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008

Fake SDHC cards? by Martiin at 12:14 AM (1,187 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Martiin
    OP

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
  2. syst3merror

Member syst3merror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    typically the hicap sd cards aren't fake....it's been the flashcards that people have had problems with.

Don't always listen to your friends.....sounds like they don't know what they are talking about. I've spent probably $2200 on stuff from dealextreme over the years and haven't received ANYTHING fake yet!

3. Martiin
    OP

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ohhh
    so HiCap SD cards can''t be fake, my friend was just talking about a fake DSTT he got

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    well, the are a lot of fake memory sticks and stuff on ebay, basically they report they are 4, 8, 16 or 32 gb to the OS when actually they only contain 1gb or less of flash memory chips. at first they work fine but if you go over that limit as soon as you remove the memory stick and plug it back in the data you put on it is kapoot. similar fakes could exist in SD/microSD format....

5. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Sure do and not just from far east suppliers I ordered 5 x 8gb SD cards and all were fake (from a UK supplier) Just 1GB got my money refunded straight away, I always put sd cards into my computer with Panasonics SD Formatter running, it tells you straight away what the capacity is rather than letting windows lie to you.

Anyone who buys a memory card or stick from anywhere should always test it before ordering more, leaving feedback etc

6. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    I've never gotten a fake micro sd card from dx. Take the chance, you'll be glad you took it. [​IMG]

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you must be joking mate, half of the stuff on that website is a cheap knockoff of some sort, they are HONG KONG sellers they are the king of knock offs, also their memory stick pro duos are fake, so i wouldn't trust them with memory cards of any sort, just buy from respected retailers instead, at least then you know what you are getting.

8. dagreenone

Newcomer dagreenone Advanced Member

United States
    for SD cards, I'd just stick with Newegg, fast shipping and great prices. (plus no worries over fakes)