Fake Gameboy game cartridges and how to make them?

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Leslie Suhm, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Leslie Suhm
    OP

Leslie Suhm Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    Hello, this is my first post, I am a new member, but I have known and used this site for a long time! ^_^

I have a question today, on fake Pokemon games.

I have been looking online, http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...reen-Ruby-and-Sapphire-retail/1997250967.html <-- There actual... They are going anywhere from $2.85 to $6.00 per game cart.

I want to know how to make them. Not to sell or anything, just for me and my friends to play.

Also, I own all the games that I would make.

Please give me instructions or point me to a site that could help! Thank you!

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    what do you mean how to make them? do you want to make the chips? do you want to make the plastic cartridge? or the sticker?

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can't make them that cheap.
    The best you could do is to get an old GBA flashcart without a menu (128Mbit or 256Mbit depending on how big your ROM is), flash the ROM you want onto it, and put a sticker on (and maybe put it in an original casing if you want a genuine look)
    Those bootlegs aren't rewritable, the ROM is flashed onto them at the factory, even if you could find blanks (which you probably can't) you would need special equipment to flash the ROM, not sure if that equipment is expensive though.

4. Leslie Suhm
    OP

Leslie Suhm Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    Sorry for not being clear, the chips lol. I want to know how to make the chips

5. Leslie Suhm
    OP

Leslie Suhm Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    I dont care about money, that is nothing to worry about right now. I just want a hobby, and this could be one, if I knew how to make the chips.

6. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    Chips? Start with thinly sliced potatoes and drop them into oil that's 360 degrees. Then take the chips out of the oil when they appear golden in color. I love making chips.

7. Leslie Suhm
    OP

Leslie Suhm Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    Funny... Maybe I'll laugh about that later.. ;)

8. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    fake copies can't trade with each other. Attempting do so some will probably delete your save file

Just play them via emulator on the computer or use a flashcart and play on your ds

Honestly it's best to buy the real copies

9. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If the gameboy in the title means GB/GBC then http://reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm has details on how to make a GB game into a GB flash cart.

Homebrew GBA flash cart stuff is also available on the site, however it is considerably more troublesome and more limited than a normal flash cart and for a small run it would definitely be better to have a handful of flash carts instead.

10. Leslie Suhm
    OP

Leslie Suhm Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    I have a Ruby and Sapphire that are fake, and they trade fine, all the time. They run as if the game was real, it really is amazing!

And thank you FAST6191 that is what I was looking for!