Hacking Fake card

dknyalan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just purchased 3 AceKards and im pretty sure they are all fakes. Reasons for this are;

1 - chip shows under sticker (and looks like fake as on acekard site).
2 - SD card only goes 2/3rd of the way in, then its not held in and can easily fall out.
3 - No orange sticker on the box.
4 - akaio just says loading.

I also have a "genuine" acekard, which works with the same SD, so I know its not the card.

IM REAL DISAPPOINTED AS THE SHOP I BOUGHT THEM FROM WAS LISTED ON THE ACESKARD WEBSITE AS A DISTRIBUTOR.

Can someone confirm they are fakes.

Can I name and same them?

Al.

dknyalan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have opened one with them. It was wii-chip.co.uk

I have not tried the old firmware, but will do.

The main problem is that the SD only goes in 2/3rd's of the way, and is not held in at all. Same on all three I bought.
Dont understand as they are a registered seller, and other threads I have read say they are good.

dknyalan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Had a reply from AceKard... dont know if they will do anything, but sounds good.

Dear valued Acekard customer,

Thank you very much for your attention and support to original Acekard and feeding back such a valuable massage to us.

We will try our best to remind as many as possible Acekard customers to be aware of the fake copies of Acekard from www.wii-chip.co.uk.com and make them avoid the unnecessary loss.
And we'll remove them from the authorized reseller list once we verify their act of swindling.
Also,we are apt to suggest you to ask for refund or replacement of genuine Acekard from them.
If you get any troubles or obstacles on these issues,please feel free to let us know,we'll try our best to help.

Thank you very much and best regards to you!

AK team

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you could just have old stock with broken msd springs. is the shell clipped shut? the old actel ak2i used clips only, from what i can remember. its so hard to keep all of the design decisons straight, acekard changed from clip to glue, and spring loaded to non-spring loaded a few times. there are kits out there with a mix of the two. the best way to verify this is to see images of the PCB. you may find that when you open it to take images that the springs are broken and that these are just old stock that was returned.

you have to understand that acekard no longer sells to overseas customers, which would include your shop in the UK. i don't know why they stopped selling, i just remember that it started a little over a year ago. some of the resellers i spoke with told me that they were now ordering from a wholesale outlet in china instead of directly from acekard. when that happens there is a loss of quality control. those wholesale places will stock whatever they can get in and not all will have real acekards. the clones got so good that it was next to impossible to tell unless you tried akaio after the clone block code was added.

if you can get the msd card to go in all the way then try an older copy of akaio to get the hardware id (HWID) of the acekard. only one of the clones echoed back a real hardware ID and that one had a different chip (not the actel chip).

if you do not feel comfortable taking the kit apart then just RMA it and get your money back. 0shippingzone.com is probably a better site to order from, they have an account here on gbatemp. i've talked to them a few times and they will guarantee their acekards are real.

-another world

chillerbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a acekard from wii-chip today and i thought it was a clone but thers a way to tell the clones wont run AKAIO. firmware

mine was just old stock

chillerbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea it works with 1.8.1
smile.gif

Mithra

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally received an Acekard from wii-chip today after ordering from them three weeks ago. I have an identical problem, the screen freezes on the blue 'loading', the SDHC only 'clips' in part way (about 1/3 still sticking out) and comes out with even a very small amount of pull.

Not happy with this at all :/.

chillerbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alukadoo said:
Yours might be real if it works with AKAIO 1.8.1

QUOTE(Mithra @ Dec 17 2010, 06:18 PM) Finally received an Acekard from wii-chip today after ordering from them three weeks ago. I have an identical problem, the screen freezes on the blue 'loading', the SDHC only 'clips' in part way (about 1/3 still sticking out) and comes out with even a very small amount of pull.

Not happy with this at all :/.
its spring loaded try pushing it in right to the bottom

my one from wii-chip took 8 days to be delivered

Mithra

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well.. I 'fixed' it it seems. May have got a bit annoyed and pushed the bloody SD card in as far as it would go. Fairly certain the spring loading mechanism doesn't work anymore but it loads AKAIO 1.8.1 fine and runs things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: