Hacking Fake Acekard 2i ?

Finnuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, now I feel like a gigantic dumbass. Thanks for the help dude. :lol:

Also, I think the layer peeling problem happened to another user here. While looking around before I joined, I saw someone in another thread who couldn't find their code. It probably came off on the back of the sticker like mine did and they just didn't think to look.

WORD TO THE WISE. YOUR FREAKING STICKER. herpaderp

What we did learn today, however, is that V2watch still has shitty customer service. If you do end up having an issue, they'll probably screw you around. You may want to avoid them regardless.

Reactions: 1 person

injection18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok thank you everyone, so I guess I have an official Acekard 2i with a "fake label / anti-counterfeit code" as Another World suggested ...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
well, we hope! =)

it seems like they are real acekards being purchased indirectly and sold second hand with fake stickers on them. then again they could just be real acekards pressed from the same molds by a 3rd party who really doesn't have the right to get that done. either way, if it updates, if it works, if you are having fun with it, then just enjoy it!

@[member='jimmyemunoz'], the proof is in the emails. i had a very lengthy discussion with a team member who moonlights at the factory that produces the card. i've been in contact with similar people for the past 4 years. the information i gather was double checked more than once, so i know the names i was given are correct. i'm sorry but i can't reveal the sources or the names of those involved, because i was asked not to. i'll understand if you wish not to believe my statement.

-another world

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my 2i from a legit seller (Lightake), and it comes up as my code being wrong.

I have had it for almost a year, however, and seen no problems at all. Still runs smooth.

Does your card have any oddities with it? For instance, I notice that with some of the AK cards, the anti-counterfeit number is printed on the back of the card under the sticker, but mine has it printed on the back of the sticker -- not on the cartridge itself. I've been wondering if that sort of thing is a sign of a fake, or if it's just the AK people changing their designs, or whatever. Here's a picture of my sticker, crazy backwards numbers and all. This thing won't verify no matter what I do. I even suspected one of the 6's was a rubbed off 8, but even then it doesn't work. Blah. http://i48.tinypic.com/or4121.jpg

It makes me wonder, because if you bought from a legit seller and your code doesn't work, perhaps there is a chance that mine is actually not fake after all. Either that, or some of the legitimate sellers have been slipping fakes through, which is...worrisome. Even though these supposedly fake cards apparently operate basically as well as a legitimate one.

Maybe I'll stop worrying about it and just use the fake, but I'd heard horror stories about them breaking within a month or a week and/or freezing up constantly, losing saves, having updating/firmware problems and generally not being as good quality as the original. I guess time will tell. So far, it's better than the fake, glitchy R4i I had, legitimate or AK not.

My cart has the code printed on the cartridge itself.

spanner

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mime has a square bit in the middle but its not a fake.I just used it to install CFW on my 3DS and the AceKard2i works fine after it,and the name is not there no more on mine too were its worn off and shows the silver only.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh mines so old it didn't have a code on the back,mine is a HW 44 so made when DSL and DSi just came out.

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mime has a square bit in the middle but its not a fake.I just used it to install CFW on my 3DS and the AceKard2i works fine after it,and the name is not there no more on mine too were its worn off and shows the silver only.

oh mines so old it didn't have a code on the back,mine is a HW 44 so made when DSL and DSi just came out.
You are replying to a 5 year old post.

spanner

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine did only had Acekard 2 on it I am shore..??? they changed to 2i when new firmware they made so it would work with a DSi.

You are replying to a 5 year old post.

I know just wanted ppl to know Mime has a square bit in the middle but its not a fake.I just used it to install CFW on my 3DS (Boot9Strap) and the AceKard2i works fine after it, so you can use them still for Boot9Strap on the 3DS.. :) thats all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    JefferyCuddletrousers @ JefferyCuddletrousers: oh btw, wondering if you can ask questions here? i made my account to try and comment but the...