Failed downgrade to 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Darukeru, May 17, 2016.

1. Darukeru
    OP

Darukeru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    Mexico
    Yesterday I tried to downgrade my N3DS 10.7 using OoThax, the console rebooted and the only thing I saw was a "An error ocurred blah blah blah Nintendo, blah blah power off"
    I tried removing the sd card but didn't work.
    I read that this is because I have digital games bought and downloaded, and I have to format in order to complete a successful downgrade, but I'll not lose my games just for downgrading.

I had to update using recovery mode, now I'm on the latest version, and I cannot try again the downgrade, neither can use HBL trough my digital OoThax anymore.
    And I'd like to know, if the downgrade failed once in my console, it'll fail whenever a new downgrade method is released? Would I still try if I had the opportunity in the future?

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    If using PlaiSysUpdater, you should have been able to just relaunch the HBL and resume the downgrade. If it really required a format, you could have backed up your saves. However, you updated to 11.0, so you're most likely gonna be waiting a while for another opportunity to downgrade.

3. Darukeru
    OP

Darukeru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    Mexico
    How could I be able to relaunch HBL? I had no acces to home menu>OoT

4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Usually popping out the SD while the system is off then turning it on dumps you into the home menu with a half downgraded system. Though if you didn't use PlaiSysUpdater, then I dunno what to tell you.

5. Darukeru
    OP

Darukeru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    Mexico
    Yep I used PlaiS, and I tried like ten times with and without the microSD inserted, and always the same screen "An error ocurred blah blah blah" :(
    I panicked myself, I admit, that's why I used recovery update:(

6. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Well, OoThax is supposed to be updated in the near future, so at least you could get homebrew back.

7. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    Strange, I did skip a few steps from the guide. I never formatted my nands. I was afraid to lose my bought games. Learned later that it's an exact copy of my nand so I could play my bought games without a problem. Did you used the right files? Did you look at the md5?

8. Darukeru
    OP

Darukeru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    Mexico
    I did not check any file, but PlaiS verified all of them, and marked'em as "GOOD", I downloaded the files from the MEGA link provided in the Guide.
    The process completed with supposedly a successfull downgrade, but once I rebooted it showed the error screen.

9. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
  10. Darukeru
    OP

Darukeru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2016
    Mexico
    I did it, updated using recovery.
    And yeah, apparently I'm a victim of softbrick, they mention that the problem could possibly be related to the used theme, but how could this be a problem if the MicroSD is not inserted?

My account was system transferred from another N3DS months back, I don't know if this counts as a "format", maybe the problem is related to this?

Last edited by Darukeru, May 18, 2016