fail0verflow tease Linux on Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Agent Moose, Feb 6, 2018.

1. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2015
    Antarctica
    It's just the testing branch of Debian, so no.

Last edited by hobbledehoy899, Feb 8, 2018
    Deathscreton likes this.
  2. Memoir
    This message by Memoir has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 8, 2018
  3. Deathscreton
    This message by Deathscreton has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 8, 2018
  4. hobbledehoy899
    This message by hobbledehoy899 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 8, 2018
  5. 0x64
    This message by 0x64 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 8, 2018
  6. BirdsAreSpies
    This message by BirdsAreSpies has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 8, 2018
  7. marcan_troll

marcan_troll GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2009
    United States
    Every time I wonder if fail0verflow should release something all I have to do is drop by gbatemp to remind myself of why they probably shouldn't. It's kind of funny, really.

Those 5 years of basically running the Wii scene and releasing everything (as Team Twiizers) would've been so much less stressful and drama-free if we'd just... released nothing!

Of course, I wasn't even in Team Twiizers back when they teased Wii code execution at 24c3... I was silly enough back then to start messing with stuff, use the hints they gave, and eventually do something useful (writing a partial Starlet emulator) and joining the team to go on to help with the Twilight Hack release. I know, right? Who does that? What a nonsensical idea, actually contributing and getting stuff done. Definitely do not recommend. It's a lot better to just stick to posting demands and insults on forums.

blinkzane, jsa, Brawl345 and 11 others like this.
  8. Deathscreton
    This message by Deathscreton has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 9, 2018
  9. marcan_troll

marcan_troll GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2009
    United States
    Shit, now I want Mexican. Not gonna happen at 2AM in Tokyo, but maybe I'll drop by El Torito tomorrow.

Chizko and VinsCool like this.
  10. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    FreeHacBoot.
    Don't fault me for this, but I'd never heard of El Torito before. Their menu looks pretty damn good though. Jalapeno Garlic Fries. Mmmmm.

11. shadoom
    This message by shadoom has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 9, 2018.
    Feb 9, 2018
  12. The9thBit

The9thBit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Honestly though, I'm starting to get really ****ing tired of all these "Private" exploits. If you don't intend to use it personally, AND you don't intend to release it, then what good does it do anybody?
    Fail0verflow is doing no good for the community with the way they're currently operating. Great, now we know it CAN be done. Doesn't do us much good if we can't actually do it, now does it?

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  13. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    You sound fairly salty over something you have no control over. Why even complain if it's not going to change anything? Like what they're doing, or hate it and move on. It's what everyone else is attempting to do.

Medveitsi and sarkwalvein like this.
  14. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It's all modern medicine's fault.

Deathscreton likes this.
  15. Deathscreton

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    Damn those doctors and their life saving techniques. Don't they know they're tearing apart a community?

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  16. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    You released PS4 entry points and exploits tho....

17. blahh

blahh Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2018
    United States
    boo hoo people won't share their work with you so you can pirate games :glare:

18. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    Well I just hope they'll release something once they have a satisfying state of things with linux running on the switch, I don't mind them not releasing because it's not ready but when it's ready it'd be a shame if they'd not release the exploit and only their linux port, the state of mind that many adopted to have a super ethical hacking scene where piracy is seen as a bad thing by scene leaders is kinda boring imo, I'd rather have them being neutral about it but eh I can understand that they want a clean reputation...

The9thBit likes this.
  19. Magnus Hydra

Magnus Hydra GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Magnus Hydra is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 12, 2011
    United States
    It saddens me to see everyone crying about them not releasing stuff. Giving use information on that it can be done and be done without a mod chip is golden news. I for one am glad to know we can do it somehow without a mod chip. Yes, I don’t have the knowledge nor the time but someone out there dose and will try to figure it out. Just give it time or wait for the mod chip. All wine and crying dose is make developers not share there work. Just my 2 cents and experience of things.

Deathscreton and CuriousTommy like this.
  20. The9thBit

The9thBit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    I'm just dropping in my two cents. It's not like I'm going on a tirade about this, I just wanted to express that it upsets me. And now I have, and I don't intend to say much more about it.

21. Sephirosu

Sephirosu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2015
    Boca Raton, Florida
    This is like beating a deadhorse with a stick since it's been said many times through out the 8+ pages of raging.... Move on people. They posted on THEIR Twitter. They didn't specifically come here and started waving their unreleased hack in your face. Whether they release something or not who cares? You got others like SciresM and Team solderless who are planning on actually releasing something eventually.

Circle jerking here won't make teamfail release anything. You're just feeding yourself with rage and salt while they basically only get more and more attention. Want to know how bring down their epeen (which again they have the right to do so on their Twitter page)? Ignore them.

22. ravgt

ravgt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    Guatemala
    Look in this way my theory is this guys works and release all the stuff, piracy is something would happens sooner or later and I'm not against piracy, so in this line all the work and time invested doesn't have a return the only return is drama of people talking sh1! about piracy even if the developer only release the exploit, later some company's like Sony just drop a legal action against the developer(s) so the developer must spend in the legal process and in the worst case jailed, so this guys get tired of all this stuff, so them turn the situation to try to get some money back, (just look all the social media coverage failoverflow get) of course Nintendo know about this exploit and in this point Nintendo can try to patch or buy the exploit, of course this is not a warranty that another guy develop another exploit.

23. Jax_Ripper

Jax_Ripper Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2017
    United States
    Awesome to see,sad that they are not going to release their findings.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

24. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Giving us proof that it works without giving information on how it was achieved doesn't give jack shit information. Sorry but that's how I see it. Now, if they provided hints or the steps on how it was achieved, even if they didn't release, it would still prove useful. Showing by itself doesn't provide any information on how it's done, unless I missed on how pictures gave clues.

Jax_Ripper and Minox like this.
  25. Plochan

Plochan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2015
    Croatia
    so, they still haven't released anything

:ninja:

26. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    In your closet, watching you clop
    I see no value in this, without the release of either the project or/and documentation.

27. jsa

jsa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Devon, UK
    f0f is Team Twiizers' rename; they contributed pretty much everything for the Wii and early DSi.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice