Hacking fail0verflow tease Linux on Switch

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to see here. A “hacking” group that never releases shit is more like a “show off” group in my opinion.
I do understand that, but for me I see it as a opportunity for other hackers to try and get working. Whether that happens or not..well, it's hard to say. Even though eventually (probably another year or so) it will happen.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing to see here. A “hacking” group that never releases shit is more like a “show off” group in my opinion.
Nothing to see for you*. Even though they never release shit, still interesting for some of us to see what they can do. ESPECIALLY running Linux :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Indeed, it's cool to see Linux running on Switch, but as far as reliability, don't expect them to release jack shit :creep: I expect damage control to show up with their usual sycophantic measures.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, it's cool to see Linux running on Switch, but as far as reliability, don't expect them to release jack shit :creep:
No one is expecting them to release shit. And so what? They're not in our face with their shit, we're always the ones who come to them. They are just hacking and showing off what they do. There's nothing wrong in keeping your own works for yourself.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one is expecting them to release shit. And so what? They're not in our face with their shit, we're always the ones who come to them. They are just hacking and showing off what they do. There's nothing wrong in keeping your own works for yourself.

Whatever you say *shrug*. Just hope they don't say they'll release it and end up not like they did with the Wii U. Kinda hard to trust a team of developers when they back out at the last minute. I couldn't care less what they do, if they want to show off and flaunt their goods, fine. I expected nothing less from their entourage of loyal sycophants.

Just don't want them to say they'll do one thing and then end up not doing it, is that too much to ask? It'd be better for them to not release anything than to say they will and back out at the last second.

It's a free world!
Everyone can do whatever she/he/it likes ;)

Doesn't make backing out at the last second (i.e. Wii U release) any less of a dick move ;)

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Jax_Ripper and nWo

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we wait for all the replies from the self entitled children complaining that this isn’t a release, because they think that the world revolves around them and that they deserve everything...

Now we wait from all the replies to Team Fail0verflow's group of dedicated sycophants who have supported them since the Wii U fiasco :creep: Keep strokin' their ePeen all the live long day. If someone said they would do something, but backed out later on, would you be so quick to trust them? Any normal person would lose that trust, no?:unsure:

I wish people would stop defending them so fiercely.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now we wait for all the replies from the self entitled children complaining that this isn’t a release, because they think that the world revolves around them and that they deserve everything...
It's not that self-entitled people complain about them releasing stuff.
It's because what other purpose or goal do they intend to achieve other than to brag about it?

I mean, look at the work by Plutoo, SciresM and other people within Reswitched (and the other group I can't recall xD), they AT LEAST release proper documentation on how someone knowledgeable enough could achieve what they have done by posting what they have discovered and their info on reverse engineering the console so far.
Just look at the Switch wiki, that's entirely their work and what others are using.

Now fail0verflow releases an image of Linux on the Switch, and how can someone interested in doing this as well could even remotely know where to start?
The image itself serves no other purpose than to brag about it, nothing else.
Them releasing nothing just adds to this as well.

I couldn't really care less about what F0F does to be honest, I am much more interested in the work of SciresM and what TX might bring in Spring.
This brings absolutely nothing of value to the Switch hacking/development community.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

Why do people keep posting Fail0verflow news. They never release anything. All you are doing is stroking their e-peen.

They released everything to get Linux running on the PS4 with the exception of the kernel exploit: https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-linux

Once a PS4 kernel exploit was release their work was very useful.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They released everything to get Linux running on the PS4 with the exception of the kernel exploit: https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-linux

Once a PS4 kernel exploit was release their work was very useful.

They didn't come through for the Wii U hacking scene, when they said they were going to release a kernel exploit. Why the hell do people defend them again? Took four and a half years to have other people release an exploit when Team f0f pussied out.

Reactions: thla and 0x64

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

the problem is that fail0verflow is like that kid that show of its cool toys to other kids....

toys are made to be played with. dont show off your toys if you not going to let other kids play with it.

worst part is even when the switch is fully hacked fail0verflow wouldn't release nothing.

Last edited by Flame,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse