Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stephen Moffat is taking over Doctor Who in 2010, good riddance RTD.

Stephen hasn't done a bad episode of Who so far, and hopefully he won't interfere with the writers scripts unless its for the good of the story. I'm also hoping that he makes better decisions for the merchandise (sorry still reeling over the first Who game in over a decade being a damn Top Trumps game).

He also did the very good Jekyll series and has also done the screenplay for the first Tin Tin film which Spielberg will direct, in fact I can't say I've not liked everything he has done.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thank god
smile.gif
that means will shall see some good stuff
smile.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm still a young green Dr. Who fan but since it's Hadrian's (and Bob Evil's) influence that made me watch Who, I think this will be awesome.
laugh.gif

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is a great writer, the epis he did were great. Been a Dr Who fan for a while. The more recent epis were very mediocre though.

Dr Who has a daughter/hot clone FTW

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stephen Moffatt was also responsible for Press Gang, which was a superlative show ...

Sadly, despite RTD being summarily dispatched, the BBC are still going ahead with some of his proposed spin-offs, such as the K-9 animated series, in which K-9 is no white and slightly more dog-like, in appearance, as well as a currently unnamed spin-off which may, or may not, feature both Jenny & Rose ...

Also, negotiations are underway for a U.S. version of Dr. Who, which has been something sought after by US networks for many years ...

Only time will tell on those ...

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
Stephen Moffatt was also responsible for Press Gang, which was a superlative show ...

Sadly, despite RTD being summarily dispatched, the BBC are still going ahead with some of his proposed spin-offs, such as the K-9 animated series, in which K-9 is no white and slightly more dog-like, in appearance, as well as a currently unnamed spin-off which may, or may not, feature both Jenny & Rose ...

Also, negotiations are underway for a U.S. version of Dr. Who, which has been something sought after by US networks for many years ...

I thought the K-9 show was actually by Jetix and unrelated to the BBC and Doctor Who.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Bob Evil said:

I thought the K-9 show was actually by Jetix and unrelated to the BBC and Doctor Who.

The BBC licensed it off, and they have final QC on the show, but yeah, it will be shown on Jetix ... also, in at least 1 of the 26 episodes, Sarah Jane makes a cameo ... Liz Sladen has already recorded the segment ...

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarah Jane Adventures series 2 is filming right now, that'll do for the kids and I actually liked some of the episodes. Torchwood series 3 will probably pop up next year, that's the "adult" one and not bad.

K-9...no thanks, didn't like him in the 70's, nor when he came back.
Jenny spin off, no thanks, unless it only features in the future and on alien planets, and even then it would need the budget of Doctor and lets face it, the Beeb were cutting budgets on Drama programs.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't forget, they are finaly gonna show the 'unused' episode of Dr Who next year, as well as the 3 'seasonal' specials ...

SJA was weak, even for RTD, plus his recycling of Dark Season elements left me cold ... SJA 2 will be better, I hope ...

Jenny = auto-fail

Torchwood keeps dwindling ... IMO ... a few strong episodes surrounded by too many weak episodes ... and it has no real drive to it ...

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I'd watch the Jenny spin off
biggrin.gif
grog.gif
wub.gif
But seriously, it could work, but it would need a fairly big budget, and there's only so much room for Dr. Who spin-offs. So far we have Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures, which cover the adult and kids market, and Dr. Who obviously covers the family audience. Not really enough space for a Jenny one too. Also, she's a brand new character, which means she doesn't have a lot of brand recoginition. The reason why SJA worked well enough is because she was a recognised and fleshed out character, Jenny was literally born yesteday
wink.gif

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Teej said:
biggrin.gif
grog.gif
wub.gif
But seriously, it could work, but it would need a fairly big budget, and there's only so much room for Dr. Who spin-offs. So far we have Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures, which cover the adult and kids market, and Dr. Who obviously covers the family audience. Not really enough space for a Jenny one too. Also, she's a brand new character, which means she doesn't have a lot of brand recoginition. The reason why SJA worked well enough is because she was a recognised and fleshed out character, Jenny was literally born yesteday
wink.gif

The current plans for Jenny involve using her in conjunction with Rose ... a Rose spin-off has been in talks for ages, and scripts have been flying around ...

Since Jenny, talks are on-going regarding the use of Jenny, with Rose ... rather than having either of them having a solo show ...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heart Doc Who. I haven't seen it for over 6 months though. Apparently you have to pay for cable, and if you don't, they turn it of... bla bla bla. I also LOVE Stephen Moffat's work. A few of his episodes, i've adored... and i LOVE Coupling.

The wife and i have been talking about moving to EU at some point. We need to do this sooner rather than later. (for MANY reasons... least of which is due to TV programming... even though we only really watched BBC when we had it lol)

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
The Teej said:
biggrin.gif
grog.gif
wub.gif
wink.gif

The current plans for Jenny involve using her in conjunction with Rose ... a Rose spin-off has been in talks for ages, and scripts have been flying around ...

Since Jenny, talks are on-going regarding the use of Jenny, with Rose ... rather than having either of them having a solo show ...

Jenny and Rose working together in the same show? I'm wondering if this would actually work or not. I suppose if they're both looking for the Doctor and they eventually tie it into a Dr. Who series, then that could work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks