Hacking F-G Joycon Mod: MagnetHax Switch Edition

laytonfan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Could the magnet's magnetic field damage an internal component of the switch, such as the battery, screen or components? It happens that I always bring the switch in a bag and if I use this method, I bring the magnet, it makes me insecure to leave that magnet for a long time with the nintendo switch.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could the magnet's magnetic field damage an internal component of the switch, such as the battery, screen or components? It happens that I always bring the switch in a bag and if I use this method, I bring the magnet, it makes me insecure to leave that magnet for a long time with the nintendo switch.
Unless it's an absurdly large/strong magnet, the only damage it could feasibly cause would be to hard drives. Most other modern electronics aren't really affected by standard magnets. Maybe if you left it attached near the HD rumble actuators, but in my testing I haven't seen any difference with my rumble.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soldered mine last night, works perfectly. There was just enough space for me to squeeze the reed switch inside the joycon. At least this method works for me instead of fake 3D printed JIGs which just fail every time!

bodyXY

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
German offer:

Für alle die gerne den MagnetHAX haben möchten, aber ihn nicht einbauen können, für einen kleinen Obolus würde ich das übernehmen.

Einfach anschreiben.

coldseal

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was thinking to use such magnet to enter Ultimate RCM mode. What do you think ? It worked for Heisenberg and his mates.

Oldjoes5.png

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, i have the idea to 3D Print a Game Card with a cutout for a magnet so i wont have to actually carry a magnet around. so i just open the gamecard slot and there is my magnet you know? But im not sure if a small magnet could damage anything inside the Console. I dont think it could, but i just wanted to ask around. What do you all think?

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is a great little mod, if you fudge the reed switch in the place between the joycon housing plastic, i.e. where the antenna and battery connectors are (you're basically forced to place it there, unless you can source a really small reed switch), and you place the magnet between the "C E" and the "EAC" logos, it works perfectly every time even with a weak magnet. why between the "C E" and "EAC" logos and not lower nearer where the reed switch actually is? Because then the magnet will pull itself lower, due to the amount of metal in the lower portion of the joycon, under the white foam, making the magnet further from the reed switch instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1