Hacking F Card Help

shed2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there everyone.

I am a complete newbie to this and I am sorry if I am repeating a question already asked. I have searched and carried out everything in previous post to no avail. I am gettint the Error: Open xmenu.dat error everytime i run the card. I has got the 1.45 rom and xmenu.dat on the card but it still happens. I have the F card and USB Fire Reader.

I have been trying for over 4 hours now and still cannot get it to work. Please can someone put a idiots step by step guide for me to follow starting from full format and tell me what xmenu file etc I need

Again I am sorry for being so thick and thankyou for your help

shed2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks for getting back to me, it is in the route and it is the same one. how can i re-flash the card to make sure it is flashed correctly. Currently it is 1.45(16G) but it always says that error, no matter what i do. I have tried to format it, first of all i had full format but now i only have quick format i have downloaded the files and tried them but they also give the same error. Please remember this is the fire reader and f card version

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So youve did this:

- quick format [its enough to do quick format]
- now put xmenu.dat to X:/ (X= The drive letter.) So the file would be at X:/xmenu.dat .
- Leave the card empty, just with the xmenu.dat in the root
- if you start it now, what happens =$ ?

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm... which OS (XP / Linux or Mac ) do you use ?

On the old reader [the one which had been hooked up trough GBA slot] there had been problems using other systems than whindows. [file corruption...]
The USB-Reader should work on other systems too, but that description simply fits into that case....

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm... realy weird. maybe your xmenu.dat is corrupted. try the one in that archive [but backup your old one in case this one doesnt work] : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=787

if that doesnt work too, do you have access to a computer with XP on it =| ?

going to sleep now =$ have to go to school tomorrow x_x Ill try to look at this therad next morning again if possible~

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm the whole f* is getting weird
sleep.gif
in the whole time i supported the n-card users I never heard about such a thing.

try to make multiple files... xmenu.dat XMENU.DAT xmenu.DAT XMENU.dat ,,, would be something I would try =$

---
Also I have a theory, when I send a .nds file to the N-Card using DLDI the N-Card menu didnt found it, but it had been on the card.
So there is another memory block saving the physical path to the files. Now the following thing is maybe just a weird idea >..<

---
@Flashing. Hmm, I think only by the .nds -way of updating. the only way I could think of booting a .nds file would be to put it into X:/DSystem/AUTORUN.BIN and then hold select while starting the DS.
But I dont know if the newer firmwares still have that feature or if it realy works without booting into the menu....

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Cant you flash the new firmware by using the pc method?? Press A,B,L,R + Up and the device goes into usb block mode and then press the nand_all.bat file and wait for it to flash. Switch of nds and switch back on holding START & SELECT to format the card, copy the xmenu.dat from extracted folder to the root of your card. RESTART and enter MENU MODE then the card will create DSYSTEM folder at boot up. RESTART and enter USB MODE errrmm thats all that I can think off. Hope it helps

shed2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No sorry thats not possble as the card is a slot 1 only with fire reader there is no slot 2 cart, but thanks anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu