Hardware EZFlash Junior new battery dead in less than a month…

Flandre_Scarlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like purchased a new battery for my brand new ezflash junior (even though it was new, it came with a dead battery…disappointing:sad:). I replaced the CR1220 (which is what was in it when I took the battery out) with a new Energizer lithium CR1220:yay:

So like less than a month later (don’t know the exact amount of time because I was in New York having surgery and didn’t bring it:unsure:) I started getting that “battery dry” message and the voltage is now about 0.635 VDC (taken with my dad’s Fluke multimeter):ohnoes:

Anyways, I’m sooo I losing my mind:wacko:
Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on?
I’d be so grateful:wub:

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This situation is relatively rare, in order to facilitate the identification of problems, whether you can replace a battery again, replace the brand, such as Panasonic.

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I tested it with several Panasonic batteries.
It was hard to get over a month.
The voltage at which rtc is less accurate is about 2.7v.
time is getting late and then it starts to reset after a while.

I think the osc uses a lot of current, or it's a problem with sram.

The same osc in omega de, but there was no problem.
Maybe it's because it's fram instead of sram.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I would have the Schematics I could suggest where to look at but without a Schematic I only can guess that the Issue is near by the Battery.
I would check the Capacitors nearby the Battery because a Leaky Capacitor could cause the Battery to Discharge

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
i checked all caps and resistors.
at least no problem with continuity mode.

Poor battery conditions can cause problems.
So I will buy new cr1225 and br1225 batteries.
also I bought OSC for another confirmation.

It takes a long time to check this.
But I will try and let you know the result.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!